Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense button not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone had this happen. The button on the side of my Sense has been pushed down and now won't work at all.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Jenniferohanlon Welcome to the Community Forums! @Guy_ @USAF-Larry Thanks for your input!

@Jenniferohanlon I’ve created a support case on your behalf. You should receive an email from Customer support. Note that they may take a bit long to get back to you due to recent events affecting our operations. 

Have a great day! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

Are you sure, as its not a button but an indent.

Try this process

Worn on the left arm -

Rest your other thumb on the arm to the left of the watch

and forefinger on the back of the hand

and do a gentle squeeze of the watch

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, @Jenniferohanlon, I have not experienced that. I find it difficult to depress the button, but it does work normally.  By "pushed down", do you mean it is stuck in the pushed in position and will not return outward?

Best Answer

Yes that's what I mean. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jenniferohanlon Welcome to the Community Forums! @Guy_ @USAF-Larry Thanks for your input!

@Jenniferohanlon I’ve created a support case on your behalf. You should receive an email from Customer support. Note that they may take a bit long to get back to you due to recent events affecting our operations. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having that same issue.  It is draining my battery every day.  I can't go to different screens and if and when I do I can't back home.  Very frustrating but can't seem to get it unstuck. Please help! I haven't had this watch long.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Hello @Bballgirl. Welcome to the community forums. @stanhilliard It's nice to see you around and thanks for your input. 

@Bballgirl I'm sorry for the inconveniences and thank you for the detailed information and for taking the time to repot them. At this time, I was able to see that you have reached out to our Support Team and they have provided information and assistance. If you still have questions or inquiries about the outcome of your case, I recommend replying back to them and they will be glad to continue assisting you. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
Thank you.

--
Ingeborg
Best Answer

@Bballgirl It has been a pleasure. 

Have a wonderful day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven’t gotten this resolved?  Hints?

Best Answer

@dglacour  - didn't the suggestions posted work for you?

May be the button is working but the watch is not charged?

Best Answer

The area where the button is is concave and it’s not charged…

Best Answer

@dglacour  - the button is an indentation as you say, and the watch must charged for it to work.

If the watch is not responding to squeeze the watch between finger and thumb then place the watch on the charge cable and to a power source to charge it for an hour.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I've had my Fitbit Sense since September 2020. It suddenly stopped working 2 days ago. No amount of charging or pressing the button for ten seconds to restart, etc. have caused any response. Is the expected lifespan only about a year and a half or is there something else I can try?

Best Answer

Hi @iamshepette  - in all probability it's not charging. This could be because it needs cleaning or the charge cable is faulty.

See How to check charge cable - Sense/Versa 3 won't charge, won't start or blank screen 

Best Answer
Hi. I've tried 2 Fitbit (not off brand) chargers. Any recommendations on
best way to clean? I appreciate your response!
Best Answer

@iamshepette  - the cleaning link is provided in the instructions, you only need click on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Thank you for replying. I have three Fitbit brand chargers, two of which were bought within the last year and are used in different places. Even with the low probability that all would quit working at the same time, I did check and all are okay. I've also cleaned the device itself and everything checks out except it won't charge. It's about a year and a half old (purchased Sept 2020) but I expected a longer lifetime. This is my 4th Fitbit and I really hate going another direction after all this time but Garmin and Apple are things I'm going to have to consider. It's a shame because I've really been an advocate for years and I didn't want to change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@iamshepette  - what you could do is acquire a USB meter to see what is happening with the charging, such as shown below

20220308_190006.jpg

If you used a cable attached to a computer it should charge unless they are faulty, which is often the case, even new ones, partly due to the strong magnets attracting objects. Also the 4 holes on the back of the watch can still be dirty and may require a wooden tooth pick or tooth brush to clean them.

If the watch does not vibrate when you push the button, or come on when you charge it it may be faulty. One presumes you are familiar with the use of the button and are not using your nail to operate it because that won't work, it has to be a squeeze between thumb and first finger.

After supposedly charging have you tried syncing, it could be the screen is not working, if you get nothing at all on the screen. Eventually when its completely discharged it should show 0% at some point.

Best Answer