Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense clock face say it requires internet permission

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my fitbit sense has a message on the front when i turn it on, it says ‘this app requires internet permission to be granted’ with a cross in a circle. i have tried several ways to get this off and still can’t seem to get rid of it. just wondered if anyone knows how to get this off it would be much appreciated

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Apparently some app on your sense doesn't have Internet access.. 

In the fitbit app, Your clock might be the problem app, or lok at the settings for each possible app.

Basically if you want to get rid of the message, you need to agree to applying the offending app to have Internet access. 

Best Answer
Hi,

I have done it and it still has the message on my screen and i’m still not sure how to remove it. is there any other way i could do this

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @katie0405. Welcome to the Community Forums. @Rich_Laue Thanks for your help.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for trying the steps suggested above. While this is odd, may I know if your Sense is connected to your Wi-Fi network? Also, is it syncing correctly? Because the message keeps appearing, let me recommend restarting your watch to refresh its performance and changing the clock face to one from Fitbit. Let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
Thank you, it has now gone off and i have a clock face when i turn on my fitbit

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@katie0405 It's good to see you here.

You're welcome! I'm glad your Sense is displaying the clock face correctly and appreciate your efforts while working on this matter. In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends, find great tips to be healthy and create your own topics.

Have an awesome weekend. 😎

Best Answer

that doesnt help with my FITBIT sense and when i called/texted they told me to add my CC to the Wallet.. not what i am wanting to do i want this   app on your sense doesn't have Internet access this off my watch face.. and to knwo why i have to charge my watch 2-3xs a day i have uninstalled most of the apps.. and my Versa 3 is much better.. although i just gave it away to my daughter .. this sense one makes no sense

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums, @DebbiW46.

Thanks bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry you're having this experience and for your feedback about your interaction with our Support team. About the error message, may I know what clock face you're using? I'm asking this as some clock faces require you to enable some permissions. To double check this, please do the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Sense.
  2. Tap Gallery > clock face image > See all details.
  3. Then tap Permissions and make sure all are enabled.
  4. In case you don't want to grant this access, you can use a different clock face that doesn't have this requirement.

In regards to your other question, let me share that the battery life depends on how frequent certain features are used such as GPS and SpO2 tracking, Snore Detect or animated clock face. If by any chance you've tried the suggestions described in this help article, I'd recommend contacting our Support team one more time so they can investigate and provide you with further assistance. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unless you are quite sure of the non Fitbit Clock face or App that is requesting internet acces it is probably unwise to grant it for 2 reasons.

• Frequently accessing the internet can drain your watch and phone battery
  • Personal data can be collected by the owner of the Clock face or App

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes