Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense completely dead... And I predicted it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

April 2021 i left a message here  in the forums because my Ionic fitbit which had been absolutely brilliant had a day of not holding charge properly and then died.  Contacted support and given money off a new product. Reluctantly accepted but said how disappointed I was and that it will probably happen with the new product...

2 days ago,  my Fitbit Sense suddenly had a fast battery drain.  Then the heart rate sensor stopped working. It ran out of charge last night at 3am and now is completely dead.  Exactly the same story as the previous watch.  Tried all the usual methods suggested in forum (restart, factory restart before it died,  cleaning charger pins / sensors after it died).  Nothing worked. Completely dead. 

I know I need to contact support but also realise it will be money off another device. Not good enough when spending over £200 for it to worked perfectly and then suddenly die for no fault of my own. I think it's time to say goodbye to fitbit and look at alternatives. Shame because up until the devices dying, they are brilliant devices.  

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @mrhaydon14 - the sudden problems you experienced are probably due to either water penetration or a bug with the firmware update. They may not happen right away if it is water inside.

Some of the watches have the potential but can go wrong all too easily.

The irony is the best Versa watch is now only about $100, so you get 1 or 2 year's rental [or more if you are lucky] with that one, and nearly everything works. as it should.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply.

Water penetration on a waterproof watch shouldn't be an issue,  same with firmware update but when you scroll through the forums that'd exactly what it seems happens.  

I have looked at the Versa watches and others. Don't know if you or anyone has any recommendations for other brands.  As long as it has built in GPS for running and does other basic tracking features, it suits me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes