Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense constantly vibrating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So today I was driving today and my sense started vibrating non stop. It's like the menu button is jammed down, but it's a sensor button so there is no way that can happen.

How do I stop it doing this? It's reset itself a few times now, but keeps going to the long press action (alexa) after it restarts. There is nothing that seems to be interfering with it. I can't use it at all because it jumps back to long press action. Touch screen works still, but the problem overrides it. 

Is there a way to fix it or is it time to just dump fitbit and get a Samsung watch? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Paraesthetic  - there are a couple of things you can do.

Firstly clean and inspect the watch around the button - How do I clean my Fitbit device? 

Secondly remove the long press Alexa shortcut.

It may be the button is getting accidentally actioned, especially for left handed people.

If this is not resolved probably best to contact Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you with fixing it.

Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

If it is still under warranty and found faulty it may be better to take it to the shop for a new replacement, rather than accepting a refurbished replacement from Fitbit and dealing with sometimes drawn out return and shipping issues.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Guy_ 

Thanks for that, I've already cleaned the whole device, but the problem still continues. Its being actioned even when I'm not wearing it.

It seems I have not adequately conveyed the severity of the problem, its like the button is being pressed about 5 times a second, so there is no way to do anything on the fitbit. As such there is no way to disable the long press action as the long press screen over writes it. you can't do anything on the fitbit as its immediately overwritten by the button press.

I will contact support, thankyou for that link! Unfortunately I bought it direct from fitbit on day 1, so its no longer under warranty, but will see how I go.

Best Answer

@Paraesthetic  - please try changing the clock face from the Fitbit App. It may not be the button at fault.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't fix it. It flashes on and off even when I first connect it to the charger at 0% battery long before the software has loaded. Think this is a hardware defect, but can't get through to support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Paraesthetic-  try to contact Fitbit Support directly.  Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

If it is still under warranty, 1 or 2 years depending on country law, and found faulty it may be better to take it to the shop for a new replacement, rather than accepting a refurbished replacement from Fitbit and dealing with sometimes drawn out return and shipping issues that may occur.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Paraesthetic If it's being pressed even when not worn, it does sound like a hardware issue. Customer support seems to be really low in availability this weekend. Someone here stated they waited 20 minutes and still nothing but did even get through. Not sure if it was phone or live chat. If doing live chat I definitely suggest using a computer than your phone browser.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah after far too much effort with customer service they sent a replacement. I had to walk their techs through debugging the issue first because they were worse than useless, and wanted me to do things I told them I had already done. In the end I got a new one, but wouldnt recommend their support

Best Answer