Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense isn't recording stress score

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello I have been wearing my sense for a few weeks now and got it specifically for the stress management and have been wearing it like it says to be able to measure it. But I still not have received a score. Is there anything I may be missing? Or a reason this may be happening?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

If the Stress Management tile is missing, click edit [top right] and scroll to the bottom to add it.

If its not there, click on discover at the bottom, scroll to the bottom and select Health & Fitness Stats and select Stress Management.

If its a glitch in the App, try

In Android phone Settings *

Apps

Fitbit

Storage - clear cache [not data]

Force Fitbit shutdown

[though it doesn't seem to fully]

Log back in to the Fitbit app

*Quick Shortcut: Press and hold the Fitbit launch icon, then App info [on some phones]

Or for IOS uninstall/reinstall the Fitbit App, and redo all notification setup.

Restart both watch and phone after.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome, @Rthomas589. It's great to have you on board. @Guy_ Thanks for stopping by.

@Rthomas589 I understand how important this information is for you, and thanks for your efforts while working on this. As you may know, the stress management score is calculated based on your exercises, sleep stages, heart-rate data and electrodermal activity (EDA). However, if of them is missing or if your watch didn't capture enough information, this score won't appear in the Fitbit app.

That being said, I'd recommend restarting your watch to refresh its performance and try wearing it about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone. Make sure to wear it for at least 1 full day and night, and take at least 500 steps during the day. Once you're awake, sync your watch with the Fitbit app to update your details and check your score.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried both suggestions and neither has worked

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @Rthomas589. It's good to see you again.

Thanks for reviewing the information shared above, as well as trying the suggested steps. I'm sorry this continues happening and because the possible troubleshooting didn't work, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can investigate what may be occurring and provide you with further assistance. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone, and make sure to let them know what steps you've tried so far.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have tried everything to get a Stress Management Score, but as my phone NEVER records my sleep in depth enough to grant me a sleep score (it may record the odd hour or two at the beginning of the night, but even that is rare).

This has been such an upsetting issue for me (no one buys a sense if they aren’t fully invested in enjoying all the information possible about their bodies) - but I resentfully accepted this defect in the way my sense reads/doesn’t read my sleep - by manually entering the times I fell asleep and woke up every single day…because THEN I am (usually) awarded a sleep score with the full deep, REM, HR, breathing, HRV etc etc so I’ve just made do…. BUT!!!

Having to enter the data myself & gaining my sleep score that way obviously doesn’t jive with whatever algorithm makes up the Stress Managsment score, because it won’t use my sleep score & all the data that goes along with it - unless the device has recorded the entire sleep on it’s own.

I must admit, I am doubly upset about this whole thing now because as the Daily Readiness Score has been introduced and see that I am able to get those scores easily & daily without me having to do any unnecessary input to be awarded such information (so excited to see that I got a 91 this morning!!) - unfortunately, it’s when I experience a joy like this from your product that I realise how much I’ve actually been missing out on by accepting the fact that my premium membershipwon’t award me a simple Stress Management score.  Especially when stress is the biggest issue I deal with on a daily basis - and obviously the reason why I bought this particular device in the first place! It’s advertised directly toward the stress-focused section of your market… aiming at whole “wellness” deal.

I’m so mad that i let myself resign to the fact that the Stress Management thing was a feature that I just had to live without because I couldn’t deal with the stress of having to deal with trying to make something work that I was already doing everything possible for.

And no, I don’t find the irony of my stress over a stress management score amusing in the slightest 😣 It’s just not right - I’ve missed out on months & months of having a precious glimpse into a fragile part of myself eventhough I have all the data that the feature says it needs to function!

Begging of your help,

Serena.

P.s - please keep in mind I have tried all the usual suggested troubleshooting steps to rectify this - the fact is that my device hasn’t recorded my sleep data on it’s own since I first purchased & started wearing it since July. Although it is because I let this slide & found my own way to work around this (by manually entering the data), that I am now missing out on other features that I’m no longer willing to let slide - so I need a real solution now. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @bunney.

Thanks for the detailed information, and your efforts while working on this situation. I understand how you're feeling as all features available on your Sense should be working well if the required conditions are met. I'm sorry for this experience, your feedback is truly appreciated and please know it won't be taken for granted.

Even though you've tried some steps on your own, may I know if you've reviewed this help article which describes what factors prevent your device from recording sleep stages? Also, have you tried the restart process? If you have done all this, my best advice is to get in touch with our Support team so they can see what can be done to bring you back on track. They're available via chat and phone, just click here to get connected with them.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My stress management score has not worked. Tried updating tried logging in and put . I have worn my bit most of the time talking it off only to shower. I have a Vera 3 and am a premium member.

Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi just wondering did you get it solved? I have the same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes