Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense ECG app not working if pacemaker

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good day all!

I wanted to use the ECG app on my FB Sense but... it says you can't have a pacemaker to use this... Why?? I do have a pacemaker... and so what??? My heart is beating ( well... I hope... ! 🙂 )... Why is that??

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @JuliePlante and welcome to the Community.  It's amazing what you can find if you use the right search terms.  Fitbit has a Physician's Guide for the ECG app.  There is a longer list of reasons for inconclusive results than in Fitbit's Help article.  Pacemaker is on the list.  An ECG from someone with a pacemaker looks different from someone without one.  The algorithm wasn't tested on people with pacemakers.  So it will report inconclusive.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @JuliePlante and welcome to the Community.  It's amazing what you can find if you use the right search terms.  Fitbit has a Physician's Guide for the ECG app.  There is a longer list of reasons for inconclusive results than in Fitbit's Help article.  Pacemaker is on the list.  An ECG from someone with a pacemaker looks different from someone without one.  The algorithm wasn't tested on people with pacemakers.  So it will report inconclusive.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Ok. Thanks. At least, it is not a risk for me or for the pace. I wonder if FB does algorithm research for ECG analysis... My electricity is "interesting": AFib almost 100% of the time, heart rhythm provided by the pace, AV node burnt so ventricles follow pace exclusively. He he he... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think it would be a risk, but your pacemaker, and not necessarily the normal function of the body, controlling the heart would confuse the results. 

You may want to show a Fitbit ECG reading to your doctor. He would have better insight. 

There are several types of pacemakers. Some take complete control, sounds like your case, but most only kick in when needed, and my dad's pacemaker, once restarted his heart after a heart attack. 

@LZeeW that is an insightful doc

Best Answer
0 Votes