Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense microphone isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!

I just got a Sense today, and completed the update immediately before using it.
However, during the process of setting up and testing features, I discovered that the microphone isn't working at all.
I've resynced, restarted, reset, shouted at both sides to find the microphone, and nothing detects anything at all.
Speaker works fine, but it makes it useless to have a voice assistant or take calls from it without a microphone.

Checking the forums here it looks like a number of people had this issue as well (would probably have avoided buying it if I saw that first), and no real answers were provided for many, though it was reported in 2020 initially.
Is this still an issue in 2024, and there was never anything done to remedy this?

I would like to get this resolved fairly quickly, or at least find out if it can't be fixed within the return window.

Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Maxaevaya - I had a new watch with the microphone not working and returned it.

That's if it's a hardware issue, because there is also an option in the watch Settings, Vibration & audio section to turn it off.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Thanks for the input! 

Was hoping it would be something I could fix, but sounds like I may have gotten unlucky and need a return (tried toggling the microphone off and on as one of the first steps).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Maxaevaya - a refund gives you the opportunity to start again with a new warranty as opposed to a replacement with an old refurbished one where you can be without a watch for some time and doesn't extend the warranty.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes