Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense not displaying Sleep Score

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello community! I recently got a Fitbit Sense for Christmas and I LOVE it. However, I notice that my device hasn’t been showing the sleep score on the face. If I sync my app, it showcases all the information. However, no matter what I do, I can’t get the sleep score to display on my watch, just a “- -“ beside the icon.

I’ve tried syncing multiple times, deleting and reinstalling the app, restarting the device - but nothing seems to work. Sometimes, it’ll display many hours later. However, today, it’s been almost 6 hours since I originally synced my device to my phone/app this morning and still nothing displays.

Any help would be very appreciated! 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@NotQuiteFitYet yes. As mentioned above sync back is required, and once the calculations are downloaded from the server to the mobile app they're synced to Fitbit. 😁 So there are two options: a) wait, b) speed the sync back by previewing stats within the Today app on your Sense. Same thing is true for the weather.

ETA: @Goodman15 's problem is slightly more complex as his watch stops syncing during long period of his phone inactivity (at night). He needs to reboot devices. I'm wondering if he/she managed to change the power management settings.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

@NotQuiteFitYet you mean you cannot see the sleep score on your Fitbit? In Today app (when swiping up on the main screen)? Sometimes it happens that the sync back is delayed. The calculations for the sleep and your other stats happen in the cloud (on Fitbit servers) and not on your watch. Usually after syncing several times all information gets to the watch. You can try placing the watch on the charger to see if that speeds things up or rebooting it by pressing and holding the button for 10 seconds (until the screen goes black and logo reappears). I wouldn't worry though. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I tried syncing several times, rebooting and everything I could think of - then randomly at about 5/6pm it showed up on the watch face. Sort of annoying. Hopefully the delay is fixed in the future because I absolutely adore the default watch face and my OCD hates that it’s missing a variable! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there- Your problem is identical to mine. I am new to Fitbits, so I have no previous knowledge of how quick these devices are to "sync". Mine whirled for 2  days, and then, randomly, it stopped and displayed ALL of the sleep data, etc. for the last 2 days. It seems to have a problem finding my phone to sync with. I'm thinking this might be normal for this fitbit. Also, I restarted both my phone and my fitbit at the same time, and doing that seemed to start the process of syncing faster. I think this seems a bit complicated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Goodman15 so it's the watch face? Could you please share the name of the clockface?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there! Thanx for responding.
My "watchface" is the Sense. Looks just like the image on the website. Not sure if that's what you are asking.

Sent from my Xperia by Sony smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Goodman15 correct, to display stats Sense needs to sync properly. You mentioned you had issues syncing. Is your Fitbit mobile app optimized by Android (in System settings)?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. Actually, at this point, things are looking up for this device! I'm thinking it was needing time (48 hours to be exact) to sync at the beginning.
I sync it with app open and Android setting.
I still reset both the fitbit and phone each morning however. It takes about 1-2 hours to give me information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Goodman15 It usually goes back and forth. You should at least see the stats in the app quicker than on sense. i'm still curious if there is something that kills fitbit processes i.e. Android as you mention losing connection overnight.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. Interestingly, every night it loses the connection at pretty much the exact same time.
It's getting quicker in the morning to sync now. It's possibly just learning my routine?? Thus, "smart phone?"

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Goodman15 he he he 😄 I'm pretty sure now your phone performs some type of battery management and kills the process - hence lost connection. Which xperia phode do you have and are you using any power management modes? Settings > Power Management

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I figured out a solve over the last few days! 

😄 

What works for me:
• In the morning I sync my Sense with my Fitbit app on my phone

• I then go on my device and swipe to the TODAY tab

• I then go to the SLEEP information and tap it

• After a few seconds it populates the information

• When I go back to my watch face, the sleep score displays!

Hope that helps anyone in the future 🙂
Almost two weeks with my Sense and I'm still learning so many things!
I love it!

Best Answer

@NotQuiteFitYet yes. As mentioned above sync back is required, and once the calculations are downloaded from the server to the mobile app they're synced to Fitbit. 😁 So there are two options: a) wait, b) speed the sync back by previewing stats within the Today app on your Sense. Same thing is true for the weather.

ETA: @Goodman15 's problem is slightly more complex as his watch stops syncing during long period of his phone inactivity (at night). He needs to reboot devices. I'm wondering if he/she managed to change the power management settings.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Thank you! I had this problem and previewing the stats in the Today app fixed it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happy to have helped someone! it was driving me nuts when it was happening to me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit stopped syncing the other day so I had to remove the device off the app and add it again which fixed the overall syncing problem. But now my sleep score won’t sync to my watch. For the last 3 days my sleep score has been available on the app but it seems to just be refusing to sync to my watch. Any tips or advice? I’ve googled and looked on all the forums and everyone says it’s just a delay but I don’t think that’s the case with my Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Teglj is it only the sleep score? Everything else syncs? Have you tried standard procedure of rebooting your phone and watch as well as the tips mentioned above?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your problem sounds similar to mine. I found that if I sync my Fitbit when I first wake up, then if it hasn't displayed the Sleep Score, I go to the TODAY tab on my watch, then scroll down to SLEEP. If no data populates, tap on it and it should grab it from the app. I did this a few days, and now it does it automatically. Hope that helps! 🙂 

Best Answer

Omg you are a genius, it’s fixed! This has been driving me crazy for about 5 days and I thought I had tried everything possible, thank you so so much!! 

Best Answer

So happy to help!
Glad it fixed it for you! It drove me nuts too! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes