Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't sync with the iOS Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sense becoming increasingly unable to sync over last week or so. Refusing to sync at all now. Have followed every piece of advice - resetting, turn on and off (both iPhone and Sense), removing and reconnecting device, forgetting device from phone Bluetooth, deleting and reinstalling app. Nothing working. Also always been inaccurate on floor counting but today has stopped calorie tracking. All very frustrating for a long term Fitbit devotee. Any ideas what else I can do before I demand replacement? Thanks 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
179 REPLIES 179

I need help to get my fitbit to syn

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Hi @kenny1939  check out the tips in this article - click to read.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I hope the fitbit hasn't been removed from your fitbit account. 

If it is, you will need to set it up. However this may not be possible unroll the sync issue is fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I am doing all the same things you are doing to no avail. I'm also doing the Pulse Arrival Time study, and IDK if that type of syncing and uploading is causing additional problems from that app being on the watch. I can no longer upload my data. 

Sense (formerly Ionic), iPhone 12
Best Answer

are you guys using an android phone? I herd it causing a lot of issue right now after the latest app update on android.

Best Answer

No, iPhone 12 for me, and iOS is updated. 

Best Answer

My Sense also fails to sync now, worked fine yesterday. Using iphone 8

solved: removed device from iphone, it failed at firsrt and then successfully sync the device

Best Answer

It synced once, now it won't. If I remove it, it won't re-pair after getting the 4-digit code. It just hangs. Bluetooth is on, Wi-Fi is on. 

Best Answer

I have similar issues although mine does pair after waiting a long time. Even if you do this though it seems to only last a day or so and then you have the same issue. Mine also seems to be able to synch steps but still nothing else. The product really should be more reliable!

Best Answer

Hello everyone. After two days of trying every which way, I finally got the **ahem** thing to sync and hold the data in the app. Just kept removing the Sense from Fitbit app, switching phone and Sense off. Turning Bluetooth off, removing Sense from Bluetooth pairing. Hugely frustrating and find it hard to believe that Fitbit’s ‘premium product’ is so unreliable. Of course the accuracy of the floor count is still way off, but in the circumstances I will have to take it. If it helps, am using an up to date iPhone 11. Good luck. Sure I will be back….

Best Answer

That worked!  I am updated (at least for now). I am still convinced it is something they can fix. 

Best Answer

This is really frustrating!  I have been experiencing the same issue over the last week and it has gotten worse. I have taken the same actions and every time, I believe it has finally corrected the issue.  Then, a few hours later, I'm right back where I was......unable to sync!  Someone please identify the issue for us.  This is crazy!

Best Answer

I’m also doing the PAT study and having the same syncing issues. 

Best Answer

Thanks for those steps. I was able to at least partially sync but not everything carried over (no sleep data, for example) & it’s refusing to sync again. This is frustrating. 

Best Answer

I have followed all the fixes and have managed to get my sense to sync only for it then not to sync again... within 2 hours... this is really getting on my nerves to the point of returning it as it is malfunctioning and causing more stress than it solves 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer

It worked for a few hours then stopped again. I should not have to constantly shut down, re-start, re-connect Bluetooth, etc., for this to work. My Sense is finding my phone through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, so that is not the problem. 

Best Answer

Android and totally stopped syncing. It's getting worse with every update.

---------------------------

Have tried all those things and still not syncing. I shouldn't have to go through uninstalling, force stopping, restarting phone, turning off and on bluetooth to get an app to work... about ready to return the watch. They probably will no longer refund but this is really annoying.

Best Answer

Support through Twitter DM just sent me that I should do a factory reset.  That is not something we should really have to do!   https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2216.htm  

Best Answer

It seems to be after updated apps. It might be a bug in this updated. Maker is not responding to this then I may give up this stupid Sensa. I’m really disappointed with this problem. I should change it to Apple Watch.

Best Answer