Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't sync with the iOS Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sense becoming increasingly unable to sync over last week or so. Refusing to sync at all now. Have followed every piece of advice - resetting, turn on and off (both iPhone and Sense), removing and reconnecting device, forgetting device from phone Bluetooth, deleting and reinstalling app. Nothing working. Also always been inaccurate on floor counting but today has stopped calorie tracking. All very frustrating for a long term Fitbit devotee. Any ideas what else I can do before I demand replacement? Thanks 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
179 REPLIES 179

This is my second Sense. My wife gave me the first one for Christmas. About a month ago, it wouldn't come on. It would only go to the Logo and just spin.

Since my wife bought it from the website and it was still under warranty. They sent me a new one. It worked great until this week.

Getting frustrated. I still have my old Blaze with the cracked screen. It works better than the Sense. I hope Admin is monitoring and will give us some useful advice.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem in the last 2 weeks . I have done everything it says to do and it goes back to the same issue . Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

I am in same boat and getting down on fit bit. They are almost becoming very expensive disposable devices.  I use it to track sleep. But nothing is in sync for the past month. I have tried all the above! Admin help! Fix on your end! 

Best Answer

I have been trying over an over again to sync my sense an nothing. Soi frustrating I don't not does anyone have the money these cost to just have it partially work.

Best Answer
The cost is much too high for the productivity of the sense. I expected so
much more. Very disappointing.
Best Answer
Same!
Best Answer

This is beyond a joke every day having to sync my sense The only thing it does without any problems is tell the time .It worked perfectly first 4months and then battery decided to only last 8hours at a time and syncing is impossible.Pay big bucks for these watches and this is what you get

Best Answer

I have tried all troubleshooting advice hundreds of times to no avail I’m operating on an iPhone 11 and the sense is operating 3.42 .This problem has been ongoing every day for the last 6 weeks The day it started I had problems with the battery only lasting 8 hours I did a factory setting restore and battery problems seem to be solved but syncing is driving me up the wall when it worked so well for the first couple of months

Best Answer

So many people have the same wish

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, if you remove your Fitbit Sense will it delete all your data as my Fitbit has not been able to sync for over a week??

Best Answer
0 Votes
In the instructions it says it will delete data so I may be doing it incorrectly but I certainly didn’t loose any data. But battery went from 8hours back to what is expected up to 7days

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My sense and my wife sense are failing to synch for more then a week now. 

The progress bar goes half way and then stops giving a couldn’t synch your device message. 

We are both running the latest IOS version (14.6) on a iphone 11 and 12 with the latest fitbit app version and sense software installed. 

A bit of a shame for a premium product by a brand like fitbit. 

Best Answer

I think it holds your data for several days. It does give a warning that SOME data might be lost when you reset it, not sure which bits. I’ve not tried removing it from the app though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have removed sense from app several times over the last 3months of problems and so far no data has gone missing

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Detail data for all trackers is saved for 7 days then another 23 days of daily totals. There is only so much room for exercises and if to many or done, they user may lose some.

Yes it is possible that data may not be reset when setting up the tracker to a new account. However, fitbit is suppose to reset this data when setting up to a new account. Since the tracker was removed, you will be setting up the tracker as if it was new to you. 

It is much safer to use the add device, without removing the tracker, and chose the option to replace. 

This does two things. 

• Fitbit knows it is the same tracker and will not reset data. 
  • If the setup fails, usually does, the tracker will not be removed from the account. 

I say usually does, because telling fitbit that you are retireing a tracker, this is what removing does, will not fix a communication problem between phone and tracker. 

One of the most common complaints with a non syncing device is, I removed the tracker and now it won't setup, this is because the user hasn't fixed the sync issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called support and I should be getting a replacement.  I hope the new one works better.  I may never buy another fitbit!!

Best Answer
I know the feeling
Best Answer
At least they are giving you that option
Best Answer
0 Votes

We will see.  I don't have it yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried it all and it still doesn't work.  😫

Best Answer
0 Votes