Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't sync with the iOS Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sense becoming increasingly unable to sync over last week or so. Refusing to sync at all now. Have followed every piece of advice - resetting, turn on and off (both iPhone and Sense), removing and reconnecting device, forgetting device from phone Bluetooth, deleting and reinstalling app. Nothing working. Also always been inaccurate on floor counting but today has stopped calorie tracking. All very frustrating for a long term Fitbit devotee. Any ideas what else I can do before I demand replacement? Thanks 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
179 REPLIES 179

Shame Apple only give general sleep data (not Deep, REM, light etc). When it works the Sense is much better at that side of things. However Apple wins hands down at ‘just working’.

Best Answer

The only way I can get mine to sync is by restarting the Sense itself at least once a day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've followed all troubleshooting tips, and finally was able to sync once yesterday.  Now I'm back to not being able to sync.  What gives Fitbit?

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for keeping me posted about the syncing issues experienced with your Sense, as well as trying some other steps on your own. I'm sorry you've gone through this experience with your watch. As you may know, the iOS Fitbit App version 3.42 has been released, and it includes improvements and bugs fixes. If you've not done so, I'd recommend to download it from the App store and try syncing your watches one more time.

If by any chance the syncing issues persists even after updating the Fitbit app, please provide me with the following details if you've not done so, as that will help me to investigate what may be occurring:

• What is the error message displayed on the Fitbit app when trying to sync?
  • What is the model of your phone?
  • What is the iOS version running on your phone?

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sense no longer syncs 

iPhone  xs max

ios 14.5.1

fitbit 3.42

error message “Couldn’t sync your sense”

Best Answer

Couldn’t sync your sense

iPhone XS

iOS 14.6

fitbit 3.42

Best Answer
0 Votes

Couldn't sync your sense

iPhone XR

ios 14.4.2

fitbit 3.42

Best Answer
0 Votes

I installed the latest update or the Fitbit app (3.42) a few days ago and was able to sync without issues at first. Now I am unable to sync again. 

Error message: “Couldn’t sync your Sense”

I have an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 14.5.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what I have done:

Settings. Bluetooth. Sense. Forget this device. No do not allow system notification. Turn Bluetooth off. Phone off.

Connect Fitbit to power charger. Fitbit shutdown.

Phone on. Turn on Fitbit. Open app. Accept pair request. Wait. Synced.

Repeat EACH time you wish to sync. It’s a hassle but it has kept me from going insane  for a few WEEKS with this issue. Hopefully these steps help the app developers work out what is going on in the background. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sense not syncing at all. I have done all the support recommended fixes. 

Couldn’t sync your sense

iPhone 11

iOS 14.6

fitbit 3.42

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for updating the Fitbit app and getting back with the requested information. I'm sorry that your watches aren't able to sync correctly and I've forwarded all your details to our team so they can investigate what may be occurring and bring a solution to all of you. I truly appreciate your patience and your feedback will be passed along to keep our team informed of this situation. As soon as I have more details, I'll update this thread.

See you around.

Best Answer

Something has to be going on. I’m furious! The sense was not cheap and to be having all these issues with syncing. It’s totally unacceptable. I’ve done everything that their tips suggest at least fifty times. It syncs on the connect and then when you go to sync  again it says it can’t. Been going on for days. Fitbit owes us answers. I’m doing everything in my power not to jump over to Apple but this is becoming so frustrating. I’ve been a Fitbit user for years and do not want to do this but my fitness is important and tracking it even more important this is just unacceptable

Best Answer

I have the Fitbit 3.42 (1052) and the latest update on my iPhone (iOS 14.6)

My sense will sync and I get the sense controls to sync, then it disconnects.

I am not getting any notifications on my sense. I have done everything suggested. Still nothing.

Getting a little frustrated. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Best Answer
I’m having the same issues but today they seem to be better haven’t tried to aync yet again but I’m hoping when I do it works out. I have same iOS and Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse the typos.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I understand. I gave up on the notifications and just turned them off. On
the good side, I don't need to charge as often with only the basis turned
on but that's not what I expected when I purchased the sense.
Best Answer

I just bought this watch on May 19th  2021. I had the same issue a few days ago. I literally had to factory reset the watch for it to work again. I tried everything you did and had the same results.

Best Answer
This is not how this should be working. What is Fitbit saying the issue is? If I have to factory reset, I’m gonna be pi$$ed!

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse the typos.
Best Answer
I was on the phone with fitbit with multiple issues today (June 2nd 2021)
for about a half hour/45 min and they told me they cant exchange nor refund
my fitbit since i bought in store. They told HR issue is not enough of an
issue to get an exchange. major issue is HR, 40 to 50 beats less than it
should be when i was checking it out. My clock faces are not loading
properly. Plus i had the issue of it not syncing a few days ago. My watch
is 2 weeks old, can you frigging imagine.

They told me i have to go back to the store to exchange...we are locked
down until minimum 14 june, so i cant do anything in the mean time.

I told them that they are selling a 450 dollar watch (taxes in) they need
to make sure it works. I told them thats not chump change. They apparently
are aware of the issue and they are working on it. I see posts from release
date about issues that they have not fixed yet. I use to have a fitbit
versa 1, thats what i upgraded from since i was so happy with that.

Please if this does not post to the forum, make sure to copy paste it
there. People need to know how useless the company is. I dont know what i
am going to do when june 14th comes around. Do i get refunded and invest in
something else or do i wait for a firmware update, if they are even working
on one??????
Best Answer

Happens to me too NON STOP. Every day over and over.  Stats disappear and I have to reboot it all.  This never happened with the ionic!

Best Answer

Me too.  Every day up to 5 times a day I start the whole process over.  It’s not worth it 

Best Answer