Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't sync with the iOS Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sense becoming increasingly unable to sync over last week or so. Refusing to sync at all now. Have followed every piece of advice - resetting, turn on and off (both iPhone and Sense), removing and reconnecting device, forgetting device from phone Bluetooth, deleting and reinstalling app. Nothing working. Also always been inaccurate on floor counting but today has stopped calorie tracking. All very frustrating for a long term Fitbit devotee. Any ideas what else I can do before I demand replacement? Thanks 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
179 REPLIES 179

I was doing the same for days, then that stopped working and I had to start “forgetting” and re-adding the tracker.

Then that stopped working…. !?!

Best Answer

Yes!!! I’m having the same issues as well and have done all the troubleshooting tips they say to do multiple times!! So frustrating!!! 

Best Answer

Me too having issues. Has not synced since last week Tuesday and now not even charging so that I could try to reconnect. Battery shows 0% when pressing the button for 10 sec. 

Honestly me too disappointed, expecting Fitbit to do a bug fix very very soon or they will lose a lot of fans. Sorry, but not happy to switch over to apple watch either, and starting charging every day. 

Any other good options, anybody?

Best Answer

My husband and I both had the same issue. I tried everything several times. Finally reset both devices to factory settings and re-added. It seems to have worked...for now anyway.  

Best Answer

Same. Wasted hours trying to fix the issue for both myself and my husband. Finally went drastic and wiped both resetting to factory settings. Seems to have worked so far....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sense stopped syncing with iPhone 8 last week. Have tried all the fixes, none will work. Will sync once if Sense is restarted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is terrible.  I just switched from the Apple Watch back to the Sense Fitbit. Regretting making that decision.  Can’t get it to sync and already tried reinstalling it. 

Best Answer

I wish i could share what corrected my issue, but i have not idea.  Everything is back to normal and working well.  Fingers crossed the issue doesn't come back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone and welcome to our new members.

I've moved some of your posts to this thread to keep our team informed of the impact to you this has caused you. Thanks for your continued reports about the Sense not syncing correctly, as well for every step tried on your own. I see where you're coming from about having this experience and I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

As mentioned before, our team will release a new version for the iOS Fitbit app soon and I'd recommend installing it as soon as you see it available in the App Store to see if your watches sync correctly afterwards. Your patience is appreciated and rest assured your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

Have a good day.

Best Answer

Tried all these steps has not worked even reset Fitbit still jot updating.  Nothing is working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Factory reset does nothing did it last night and still no working this morning worked last night it is getting ridiculous.  They need to find a fix and send out an update 

Best Answer

Delete the App from your phone and re install it loads the upgrade to the app - then try to sync - it takes a while but once it syncs it is then ok going forward 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Sense hasn’t synced to the app since Friday (now Tuesday). Nothing. Zip. 

Deleting the app when you already have the most recent release won’t do anything - I know, I’ve tried. FitBit needs to release their fix ASAP. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, same with me. 

There is no new app on the app store yep, so anyone who deletes their app and reinstalls is just getting lucky. No matter what I do my app says my watch is at 6% battery (which it isn't.) and won't sync at all.

*sigh*

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello fellow Sense sufferers. Hopefully some of you have seen the message from the moderator telling us that our feedback is being taken seriously and mention of a software update that may sort things out for us? I am not going to hold my breath, that is for sure. Since repeated reboots and app deletions and so on, my Sense is seemingly working OK. Obviously that we are all having such problems is evidence of a systemic issue with a poorly tested product that Fitbit really should not have allowed to be released in to the market in the first place. I do find myself thinking about Garmins (and even Apple watches) more and more.... I hope that Fitbit are careful not to take us  for granted. Good luck to all of you. Sure will be back here soon...

Best Answer

Woke up this morning and hallelujah there was the app update! Downloaded, had to do the whole turn off Bluetooth & the watch and re-pair them but for now all my data is synced again. About to go for a walk so I’ll see if it holds. 

For those interested app version is 3.42. 

Best Answer
Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought mine 1,5 months ago, and everything was great. One week ago, i noticed that it was not syncing, but was not actively following on a daily basis my results, as I did in the beginning. Then the watch stopped charging, and when battery was dead there was nothing else to do than take it back to the shop. They said that they will send it to service and it will take 2-3 weeks to get it back. One day later I got an sms that they will send me a new watch. Well, on the way home from service I was looking att apple watches and trying them also and that is not a bad option actually. Only thing is the daily charging that I cannot accept. When apple fixes that, I am ready to switch over to that, in case fitbit continues to mess up. Of course this can be temporary but should not last this long to get it fixed. I assume it must be a software issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the problem seems to be more in the application that in the Fitbit hardware itself there’s just too many units having the same problem all of a sudden I hope somebody can do something to it these things are not exactly cheap and they’re being reduced to not much more than junk only thing I can say is the way it’s going Gormans callingThis thing works great when it works

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not able to sync correctly. Only way I can get it to sync is to set up a new device each time. Have tried turning off/on bluetooth. Turning off/on sense and phone. Nothing works. Did the app update today and still no syncing. I have an iphone 8 running ios 14.5.1. Getting very frustrated with this thing. Seriously thinking about going back to my gshock watch

Best Answer
0 Votes