Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense pairing Problem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just replaced my Samsung phone with a new A03S model.  When I've tried pairing this phone with my Fitbit Sense watch, I get a message "an app is necessary to pair this device".  I've looked for an app and all I've found is the one that I've already got installed.  I saw one for the Sense watch, but all it is is pictures of the watch and its details.  What must I do to have pairing occur?  Thanks for any help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @montel2 

• Open the Google Play Store app on your phone.
  • Tap the search bar at the top and search Fitbit.
  • Tap the Fitbit app (it should be the first result).
  • Tap the green Install button

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @montel2 welcome, following @Guy_ advice you may find this video useful Fitbit Account Setup (Android Phone) - YouTube. Once you have set up your account How to Set Up Fitbit Sense (Step-by-Step) - YouTube will remind you of the way forward.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like your suggest is going to install the same thing that I wrote is already installed.  I already have the Fitbit installed on the phone. Gr4ndp4's suggestion today to view the YouTube video might be showing my problem. That is to installing the Fitbit app I've already installed then chose the watch that I'm using.  But my app doesn't display any list of phones to chose.  One thing  that I notice today: If I select "find phone" on my watch,  the phone rings.  I would think that the two are paired if the phone responds.  But when I check the phone paired details, the sense is not shown. When I came here looking for help with the pairing a few days ago a scan was showing the Sense watch but it couldn't pair without an app.  Today repeated scans isn't even coming up with the Sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please see my response today to Guy_'s suggestion.  I watched the video you suggested which I think is already installed on my phone.  I didn't see any list of phones to select, but maybe that's because I well have already selected the Sense.  Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @montel2, thanks for the update, I think your best way forward is to delete the Fitbit app from your phone, go to Bluetooth settings on your phone & "forget" the "Sense". Start over again, install the Fitbit app on your phone and follow the installation procedure for the "Sense" in the video. It's a faff but it's difficult to work out what the problem is. You speak of a "list of phones" but the list you are looking for in the app is a list of devices

Screenshot_20220725-182338.png

Once you have the Fitbit app on your phone go to the app tray and ensure battery>unrestricted is set. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. Yes, I should have written "list of devices". I uninstalled
the Fitbit app and reinstalled it and when asked to fill in all details as
if I were a new member, I logged in and everything was completed but
checking the pairing in the phone, the phone still asks for an "app" to
pair the phone. And using the watch to find the phone, the phone
responds. Checking battery usage, I didn't find any"unrestricted battery"
, but power saving mode is OFF, and all "unused apps are asleep" is ON.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Joellen.randall - could you post which problem you are having and how it came about and which phone you have.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @montel2, thanks for the update. The find my phone function is a "Tile" function, I'm not convinced it is an active component of the Fitbit app even though the icon is on your "Sense". The fact that it functions only confirms Bluetooth linkage. Do you have a "Tile" app installed? You say you have the Fitbit app installed, are you able to sync your "Sense" (in the "Today" screen slide your finger down & release, a green bar at the top indicates progress) May I suggest you also try setting unused apps not asleep.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, no Tile app. and my phone still says that I need a FitBit app. I've
deleted the FitBit app again today and reloaded it. This time the loaded
app asked if I wanted to pair with the watch. And now when I go into the
phone setting and look at what's paired it shows the watch as "paired".
But when I touch the 'paired" Sense, a note pops up: an app is needed to
use this device". So now it looks like the needed app is NOT to pair the
device, but to USE the device. And the FitBit app that is already
installed is supposed to be doing that but it is not. But looking over the
contents of the app, I don't see anything that I can do to connect my
problem. My watch is always showing the non-paired symbol. I have
installed the Dexcom watch face for diabetics (the Dexcomeby). But of
course, it can't work to show blood sugar readings
Best Answer
0 Votes

@montel2 - please ignore pairing using Bluetooth. You will get an error message.

The watch pairs directly with the Fitbit App which takes care of it.

If you have installed the watch in the app already

•  logout
  • Restant both watch and phone
  •  login
  • Go to the phone home screen without closing the app
  • click on the sync popup 
  • Wait for the pair and link prompts
  • Sync

Best Answer
0 Votes
I shutdown both the watch and the phone and restarted both. Opened the
FitBit app but no sync popup. How do I get a sync popup?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@montel2  - did you follow the steps, to go to the home screen, there should be a popup notification.

You can chat via the Fitbit app, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support.

Best Answer