Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense says "Sp02 not installed"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the sp02 watch face on my fitbit sense and it's worked fine until today. Now Sense says "sp02 not installed". I've restarted the fitbit multiple times, checked for app and Sense updates, turned Bluetooth off and on, deleted Sense then reconnected.... nothing has worked. Anyone have this issue and knows how to fix it?

Also, for the last few weeks Sense stopped automatically detecting walks. Are these common issues? I never had so many problems with previous fitbits!

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Bro this watch is buggy. I've never used any piece of flagship tech this buggy. It's really turned me against Fitbit. That's for sure. All I can hope for now is that they can actually fix some of the bugs like syncing, Bluetooth issues, time zone issues, speaker call volume being low issues among the many other issues of this watch.

BW
Best Answer

I received the same message and solved it by updating the spo2 app. I had an update available in the app list. No problem here with auto detection of walks, i have configured it to 15 min. I think this was increased after the latest firmware.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just update the Sp02 app from the main Fitbit app and that message will disappear

Best Answer

I have the latest app installed and the message on the clock face persists. 

Best Answer

no update with app too..

Best Answer

same here dude,  when i bought it ifs works then after few days Sp02 not installed..

Got a week using this super unfriendly smartwatch i thought the brand and the price will be good  enough..

but do it have sense ---of buying?? 😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Am on my second Sense in 2 months. After having this one for about a week and it displaying the Sp02 the "SP02 not installed" messaged appeared. It said the app and everything was up to date. Finally deleted the Sp02 clock face and then reinstalled it and it showed the "sleep to update" and it started showing the Sp02 again the following day.

So far my experience is the Sense is very buggy. The first one die on me in like 22 days. Have had this one for only a few weeks and have had the Sp02 issue and have had the main clock face screen go black on me. Have had a fitbit for a long time now and it seems like the quality of their products and their service keeps sliding. Sad since it use to be a pretty decent company to deal with. 

Best Answer

Same here. No change even after being restarted.

Best Answer

I have had a Fitbit Sense for several years. I bought an new one and started it yesterday and downloaded the same SpO2 clock as I have had these last years of the pandemic. 

Everything looked fine for about 6 hours and then the tracker posted "SpO2 not installed" which is frustrating.  However in addition to no SpO2 data,  I cannot see any data on the watch face.  I get -- for heart rate, steps, etc.  I can see the time but that is the only information visible on the clock face.  I can sync the Sense with my phone and get the information there but it is very frustrating.  Unless there is a solution, I will be shipping this watch back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstall the face and the Sp02 Tracker. Install the Sp02 Tracker FIRST. Then select the face you want. I tried selecting the face which installed the tracker, but because doing that way the connection wasn't made. But installing the Tracker first it is there for the face to connect to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update to the latest version of the watch and then the app it could take like a week or two, but it took that long for me without doing anything to fix the app so I could get a connection correctly if it takes more then a few weeks contact Fitbit support at https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support or factory reset the watch after you get the update an then repair it to your account

Best Answer
0 Votes

And make sure that the app is running in the background of your phone and has a connection overnight I think that helps it

Best Answer
0 Votes

My solution was to return the watch and buy a cheap Fitbit Charge 2 to replace my old one. The Sense made zero sense with all the bugs and burning my wrist. My next watch will either be the Pixel or a Garmin. Knowing that Fitbit is owned by Google, I had hoped that it would improve, but not yet. Four watches in six years is not environmentally, nor financially responsible. I have held my loyalty because I've had the Fitbit so long and I have a long data history. But at some point you have to acknowledge that the relationship isn't working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ur gross

Best Answer
0 Votes

They said that Google wouldn't make changes but now they are

Best Answer
0 Votes