Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense starts a workout by itself

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
  • My sense starts a workout by itself, no prompting from me.
  • Did a restart and still have the same problem

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there, @bob_evans53.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sharing the steps that you've tried. Just to confirm, could you check if you have an exercise set as a button shortcut? With the Sense you can set button shortcuts and sometimes when doing activities that require you to move your wrist a lot, the button might unintentionally be pressed and a shortcut might get activated by mistake.

To check this, please open the Settings app on your watch and tap Shortcuts. In the Press & hold or Double Press section, tap the shortcut you want to change.

Best Answer
Thanks, I don't have any short cuts.
I went to short cut settings and turned it off, see if that makes a difference.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

@bob_evans53 If you have ghost taps, most of the time it means, your seal is no longer holding and possible water intrusion into the display or the electronics below the display. This might be the issue, but without a video or picture of the auto start of exercise it is really hard to diagnose. 

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer
Thank you for your thoughts, but there is no sign of water getting in.
I am currently trying something else, another suggestion.

Get Outlook<> for iOS
Best Answer

Hi there, @bob_evans53@Jdsenter Thanks for stopping by to help our member.

@bob_evans53 Thanks for sharing more details, and your willingness in troubleshooting your Sense 2. I understand you tried turning off the shortcuts, but may I know if that worked? Does this happen at any time or is it when doing a specific activity? If you're trying other steps, please let me know so I can provide you with other ones instead of asking to repeat the same steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It seems to have worked, it only happens randomly, only time will tell. I don't have to be doing anything at all, it just starts, so I hope this works.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

Hi there, @bob_evans53.

Thanks for getting back. I'm glad your Sense started working well and while I understand your concern, please know you can always reply back to receive help from the community.

By the way, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can interact with other members, and share great tips to live a healthy lifestyle. Have a nice weekend!

Best Answer
0 Votes