Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense stopped working while playing with water

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is exactly what happened to me. I thought at first the waterproof watch wasn't really waterproof, as I had a water balloon fight with my kids and failed to remove the watch. This is my first FitBit. Although it is being replaced under warranty, I am VERY disappointed as I have always heard FitBit was a high quality product. I should have stuck with my former brand--which is 6 years old and STILL kicking @$$ on my teen aged son's wrist. It just isn't compatible with other apps.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @NicPaul. Welcome back to the forums.

I've moved your post to this new thread to keep our forums organized. Thanks for the details provided and I'm sorry your Sense stopped working after getting in touch with water. I understand where you're coming from and while checking your details, I noticed you already have a case created with our Support team. It seems they've sent you an email with more information about this situation, so please check your inbox and follow up with your email case should you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy,

Just went for a swim and my 6 month old Fitbit has died and will not turn on. Been thru customer service and she just wanted to get me offline ASAP rather than problem solve so I now have to wait until I go home from holidays and post it plus the original charger in and then it will be replaced within 5 business days 

pay a lot of money and the first time it gets wet dies, very disappointed to say the

least with the whole experience 

Best Answer

Hi there, @gordon79.

Thanks for sharing these details with me. This isn't the type of experience that we want you to have with the Sense and our Support team, and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Please know your feedback won't go unnoticed as it'll help us to improve our services, and prevent this from happening in the future. While I don't have access to your case, I've forwarded your post to our team so they can evaluate your details and help you with this matter. I'd also recommend replying back to them to receive more information about their resolution.

See you around.

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy,

Heard nothing from anyone so I feel that your support team are maybe just too busy to follow through??

In the meantime I have returned my sense to Fitbit and am still waiting to either hear from them or for them to replace.

Again it is very disappointing that you(me) spend $100's for a product and their is no follow thru when there is a problem, this has never been the case previously when I have had a problem with any Fitbit product.

Best Answer

@gordon79 It's good to see you again.

Thanks for getting back with more information about this situation, and I'm sorry for the delayed response. I understand where your disappointment is coming from, your feedback is truly appreciated and won't go unnoticed as it'll help us to evaluate and improve our services. Because your case is still open, I've forwarded your post so our Support team can look into your details and work on this matter to bring you back on track soon. Please take in mind that as soon as the return has been confirmed, they'll get in touch with you to continue with the replacement process.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was moving boxes and my fitbit was getting sweaty and it died, I actually replaced it from the Ionic which I had replacements for 5 times followy it breaking in water. I was assure the Sense would be better... It wasn't. I am on my forth replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community, @Noaksey.

Thanks for letting me know about your Sense. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry you've had this experience. Our team constantly works to improve our devices, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process. Your feedback is appreciated and because you already have a case created with our Support team. please keep an open communication with them in order to receive assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Sense is past its warranty unfortunately. Went swimming for less then 10 minutes and my Fitbit literally fell apart. Fitbit offered me a coupon to go towards another product which I thought was nice of them, until reading that it doesn't apply for any watch more then half the Sense's value nor any items that are already discounted on their website. So I either have to do a major downgrade or pay out of pocket to replace the entire thing (which I originally paid $400 CDN for). Not happy about Fitbit's customer service right now.... The least they can do is offer a different coupon code of lesser value that works for the watch I want.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MichelleJVM Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for sharing these details and I'm sorry for the situation experienced with your Sense. As mentioned before, Fitbit strives to improve our devices and the feedback shared in the forums helps us to make that happen. While I don't have access to your case, my best advice is to get in touch with them if you want to receive more information about your case. To start a new interaction via chat or phone, just click here.

Best Answer
0 Votes