Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taping together a broken wristband?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I was just wondering, has anyone tried to tape back together a wristband that has snapped and how well as it worked? Mine snapped in a difficult place to tape back together and it's out of warranty.

PXL_20220903_013704211.MP.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Looks like a tricky place to mend @Pichu0102 . Have you thought about using a strong glue (Gorilla glue or Flex Seal) to do the repair? You could also check for sales on the band, too.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Can't say I have any experience with using either to repair things. I'll look into it, thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pichu0102  the band is silicon, so maybe you'll find something to work that can help others who might have a tear in their band. Let us know what happens!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pichu0102   An adhesive like this might work, too.  This kind of material is notoriously hard to glue back together.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I am willing to bet that an adhesive or tape will not work for long if at all. Silicone is flexible and adhesives and tape are not. There are kits out there on the web that bond silicone. You can try one of those or heat welding if you have some kind of heat wand and you can weld the ends together by introducing a piece of silicone and welding it. I did this with my car engine bay fuse box. In freezing temperature, I made the mistake of trying to open the fuse box and broke the tab off which that holds the lid shut. I tried everything to mend it, various JbWeld products,  various duct glues, adhesives etc etc. Because the engine bay got so hot nothing held. The adhesives and tape melted. I think the environment and material of your band will prove challenging to mend.   I ended up buying a plastic melting wand similar to a soldering wand and melting off a piece of sacrificial plastic from another inconspicuous part of the engine bay (appeared to be same material) and used that piece of material to melt and join the tab back together. When it solidified, it was as strong as the original. I think the problem your going to have no matter what you do is the mend will not hold or it will be a hard area and chaff your wrist. My advise is to buy another band. By the time you invest your energy, time, $, buying a new band will be best. In my case a new fuse box was $300. A new band is not too expensive. Good Luck!

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer