Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense stuck on Fitbit logo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

About 2 weeks ago my Fitbit Sense was just showing the logo. I suspect it was trying to update its firmware and got stuck. I have tried to resetting the watch (using the hold down button for 8 second sequences x3) to get it to factory reset. After that it came with with a Data Sync issue which I found the solution to on this website (remove device from the fitbit app and unpair bluetooth on my iphone) - which worked. I could then setup my fitbit sense again from scratch within the app.

The app will find the new device, and commence the setup - however, after it completes the download of the updated firmware, it gets caught in the infinite loop again as it tried to install it. 😞

I have now factory resetted the Sense 2 times, and tried re-installing from scratch again, it always starts to look good - it finds the Sense, pairs it to my phone, asks for my Wifi password, commences downloading the update, and then boom - gets stuck on the logo screen again. Not happy about this.

I suspect there is an issue with the new firmware not allowing to complete for some reason.

Can Fitbit please help!

Looking forward to your assistance.

Regards

Steve

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Stev0T - this may sound strange but try setup with the phone's wifi turned off, and again with the phone's mobile data turned off [and wifi on].

But before doing that logout of the Fitbit App, swipe off the active Fitbit window and in Android clear the storage cache and force stop it before turning off the Bluetooth and restarting the phone.

Turn on Bluetooth and login and restart the setup for the factory reset watch.

Lastly you can choose not to use the wifi to install the firmware, use the Bluetooth option, it may take longer but might work.

Depending on where it fails [even though the phone has internet, it might still be a problem] see a possible related issue No internet connection 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes