Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense will not hold charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There is ALWAYS some type issue with my sense or the premium app. The sense has been the most frustrating and regretable purchase of my life.  A few days ago, the sense stopped holding charge. It charges very quickly but will not hold the charge for even 24 hours. That means I need to charge it morning and night. I have tried customer non-support but it was the usual waste of time suggesting I go through the same trouble shooting steps that I have gone through 100's of times in the past few months. I saw a post from June 7th that they were aware of the issue and were working on it but I have seen nothing else. Does anyone have any info on this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

There was a known issue with the Fitbit App causing high drain on the Sense battery.

Please ensure you have at least 3.43.1 version of the App and the latest firmware 44.128.5.38

One thing you can try is to shutdown the watch and turn off the phone's Bluetooth, then place watch on the charger to restart it.

Only use Bluetooth if you have to and always turn it off after for a few days and this will confirm if it is a watch problem [unlikely] or a Fitbit App problem.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
Thanks for the advice. I use an older iphone that has ios 12.5.4 and says
that it is up to date. I have tried to update the phone past that but it
will not work. My wife is at the local ATT store now for another issue and
she is going to ask them for me. The phone works great for all that I do
and need. I have no intention of getting a new phone so hopefully something
else will work.
Yesterday, on the advice of another member, I reset the watch to factory
settings and went through all setups and updates and that seems to have
worked. The only issue was that the sense did calculate the SpO2 last
night. When I looked this morning the sense message said it was not
installed. I think I have it installed and ready for tonight. There is
always something with the fitbit sense or the premium app. It has been a
very disappointing purchase.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @roblharding. Thanks for participating in the Community. @Guy_ Thanks for stopping by to help our members.

@roblharding Thanks for your efforts while working on this situation. I understand where you're coming from about your Sense not working well and I appreciate your feedback about our Support team. Fitbit values every feedback shared in the forums as it helps us to work on our products, as well as improve their performance and your experience with them. Rest assured your comments won't be the exception and will be passed along.

As @Guy_ mentioned, let me explain that the issue with the Sense not holding charge after syncing with iOS devices has been reported to our team and they released a new Fitbit App 3.43 version for iOS devices on iOS 13.4+. While I'm glad the battery life has improved on your Sense, I'm sorry for this inconvenience and please know the Fitbit app will keep working on your iPhone on iOS 12.

That being said, because a factory reset was performed, that might be the reason why your watch wasn't able to calculate your SpO2 data. However, since you've installed the SpO2 App, I'd recommend wearing your watch to sleep and monitoring its behavior in the next days

Hope this helps.

Best Answer