Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, I don't have a Twitter and it seems like that's the only way to contact customer support so I'm coming here instead. I have tried multiple outlets, charging blocks, and USB connections to get my Sense to charge and it will not. It did slow charge the other week but now, even when the charging screen pops up, it loses battery.

I just plugged it in at 9% (I've been trying to charge it since 27% yesterday), the charging screen popped up, and when it warned me it was slow-charging, it was down to 8%. No matter where I plug it in, I get a warning that it is slow-charging but then it has inevitably lost battery by the time I return to it.

I've tried for days to get it to charge and it's incredibly frustrating. I have read other forum posts and tried all that is recommended.

How do I contact customer support directly? Thanks in advance. 

Best Answer
86 REPLIES 86

I am having the same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi Aaron have you tried clearing the bits the prongs? Are all four prongs sticking out or are some of them flat? If they are flat this means you need a new charger as your dense is not picking up the charge from the four prongs— is this helpfull

Best Answer
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had Fitbit sense for long time.  I like the application and it works well for my fitness tracking needs.  The charger has design flaw that consistently fails - the prongs (one or more) recess into casing thus don't make contact with phone to charge.  You can't fix it.  I did not know Fitbit would replace the charger in first year of warranty so bought a new charger.  The new one also failed within six months as did a third.  I contacted customer support in second and third instances but they would not send me a free charger.  Slap in the face as I've had three different generations of Fitbits (a long term customer), its a known design flaw, and costs them very little to manufacturer.  After third charger failed for same flaw I went online and bought a 3rd-party vendor charger.  Much cheaper and so far seems more reliable.  When this Sense fails I will move to Apple Watch for better quality and much better customer support.

Best Answer

I did notice now 2 pins are recessed. I ordered a new charging cable. Where did you get the 3rd party charger?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazon.  or if you are handy with a soldering iron you can find similar contacts at Mouser.

Best Answer
0 Votes