Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't receive text notifications from Pixel 6 Pro

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Sense and a Pixel 6 pro. Everything had been working fine but at some point I stopped receiving Text notifications. I still receive email notifications without issue.

I tried rebooting both devices, turning message notification off and back on, but no luck.

I am using Message+ and I am running Android 12 on the Pixel. The Sense shows version 44.1128.6.12

Any suggestions??

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fixed it by deleting the Fitbit app and reinstalling.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @BeachBum2017 - have a look elsewhere in the forums for specific answers relating to a Pixel phone.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fixed it by deleting the Fitbit app and reinstalling.

Best Answer

@BeachBum2017 Welcome to the forums. @Guy_ Thanks for stopping by to help our new member.

@BeachBum2017 Thanks for the details provided, and the steps tried on your own. I'm glad you were able to sort this out and I'm going to choose your post as the Best Answer to help other members experiencing similar issues. I hope you can keep crushing your steps!

By the way, I'd like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can  find inspiring stories, make new friends and start your own topics.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

Ok, exact same issue here....Pixel 6...I get emails but have never been able to get texts on my new Sense.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app....unpaired and repaired my watch to my phone....checked settings in the fitbit app which look good.  Please help!!  Thanks in advance 🙂

Best Answer

Fixed it by getting rid of my Pixel 6 Pro and getting a Galaxy Note20 Ultra

Best Answer

Hi there, @dethboy. Welcome on board, @BDrakeinFL.

@BDrakeinFL Thanks for the details provided, and the steps tried prior to posting. I understand you've checked the settings, but please make sure the Sleep Mode and DND settings are off as described here. Also, if you referred to repairing your watch to the Bluetooth, I'd suggest reconnecting it to the Fitbit app to see how it goes. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Forget your Sense from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. On your phone's settings, tap Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  3. Go back one screen, tap Force Stop and reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  5. Select your Sense, tap Replace Device and follow the on-screen instructions.
  6. Once this is done, set up the notifications one more time.

@dethboy Thanks for keeping me posted. I'm glad this got sorted out after changing your phone and I hope you can keep enjoying the experience with your Sense.

Best Answer

Thank you SO SO much!!  I followed each step and not sure which did the trick, but it's working now, hooray!  Appreciate you.

Best Answer

Hi there, @BDrakeinFL.

You're very welcome! I'm glad the text notifications are working well on your Sense and appreciate your patience while trying the steps suggested in my previous post. By the way, let me invite you to visit the Health & Wellness board where you can tell your story, meet more people and start your own topics. Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This may be obvious, but I had it stop working again and started follow the steps above. However, I realized I had accidently turned on Do Not Disturb mode on my Sense. So, if you are not receiving notifications, check the Do Not Disturb setting first. If you follow the steps above it might not turn off the do not disturb mode.

Best Answer

Hi there, @BeachBum2017.

Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm happy you're getting notifications on your Sense and I'm sure your post will help others experiencing similar issues. If you haven't done so, check out our Health & Wellness board where you can find great tips and encouragement from other members. Keep up the super stepping! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

That didn't work. Either did any other fixes 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe that to he pixel 6a or pro has a glitch in the software and will not send text messages to Fitbit devices. I see know it's not the Fitbit cause it was getting texts from my old BlackBerry key2..you would think if the ancient BlackBerry worked the new google pixel....it doesnt. Getting a different cell for now is the only fix. Two different Fitbits could not receive texts messages. Hopefully there is a fix down the road. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of that works.  Nothing works to receive text or Whatsapp. Messages on a Fitbit device...any type with a Google Pixel 6 phone. Any version.  Yet phone calls show up on the Fitbit. Again it's A glitch in the Google software. I don't think Owen Wilson nor Vince Vaughn could fix this glitch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes