Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't receive text notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been very dissatisfied with the new Sense watch I received as a gift in December 2021. 

The notifications for text messages has stopped working. Tried all the fixes and nothing works. 

My Sense keep dropping the Bluetooth connections, whish is frustrating. 

When I swipe left, there appears to be a glitch where the battery life and I add icon flicker. 

I contacted support via chat, was told this was being escalated and have not heard a peep. 

I may be returning this watch and trying another brand. 😞

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Restarting phone an fitbit multiple  times .

🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I know iOS and Android apps might be different but do you have an option for "Text Messages" and to be able to select which messaging app you want?

Screenshot_20220209-090532.png

I have it for WhatApp as I use that more often than my regular text messages app.

Mods don't like this recommendation, I don't get why because it's a go-to for pretty much all electronic devices that can, but have you tried a factory reset? You've tried everything else, you might as well do that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I check the notifications applications that I can allow, there is no Messages ICON listed in my FITBIT app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jbyrne So to clarify, you don't see "Text Messages" option like in my screenshot? I'm not talking about in the "App notifications" where it lists all the apps you have on your phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No the TEXT Messages option is there and it is turned on . Up until this weekend it was working fine .

Best Answer
0 Votes

And only text notifications are the ones that you're missing? Have you tried deleting your Sense and adding it again? That fixes my connection issues usually.

Best Answer

Ye I have tried that as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah just go for a factory reset. Yeah nothing to lose at this point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @jbyrne@eezeepee Thanks for stopping by to help our member.

@jbyrne Thanks for the details provided, and the steps tried prior to posting. I'm sorry you're having this experience and I truly appreciate your feedback. Because you already have a case created, I went ahead to review your details and it seems they've sent you an email with further assistance. Instead of doing the factory reset, I'd recommend keeping an open communication with our Support team so they can provide you with further assistance.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue has been fixed, so my case can be closed.

Best Answer

@jbyrne Oh that's great. What ended up being the solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting phone an fitbit multiple  times .

🙂

Best Answer

Hi there, @jbyrne and @eezeepee.

@jbyrne Thanks for keeping me posted, and sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm glad your Sense is receiving your notifications correctly and I'll mark your post as the "Best Answer" to help other members experiencing similar issues.

By the way, let me invite you to visit the Health & Wellness board where you can create your own topics, make new friends, and find great tips as well as encouragement to reach your goals.

Have a good one! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes