Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't turn on after a reboot

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! 

I love my Fitbit Sense and I hope you can help me to love it again because this is my third Fitbit and none of the previous ones lasted for a year...

The smart wake feature for my Fitbit sense stopped working and I first thought that this is because of the app update that I needed to do, so I updated the app but it seemed to not fix the smart wake problem. I searched for reboot instructions online and according to what was suggested in the community here, I hold the side button for 8 sec, the screen turned black and after that, it just does not turn back up. It keeps showing the logo then turning off and then showing the logo again and turning off. I put it on the charger, but it does not seem to help - the same thing - logo shows up for a couple of seconds and then it turns off. 

Please help me to fix this! I love my Fitbit and I don't want to go a day without it!

Katya

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

This is natural screen timeout.

It would seem that it is on if the logo appears and with the screen displayed timed out when it blanks.

Try removing the Bluetooth entries for the Sense from your phone and then + Set up a Device again, to remake the connection with your phone and account. Best to do this while it's on charge. It may need to install a new firmware, especially if it accidentally got factory reset.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Guy,

thank you for suggesting this fix, but it does not work for me.

When I try to set up a new device - it does not see my Sense even though I turn on/off my Bluetooth and try to rebook the watch. 
can you please let me know if there’s anything else I can do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi@KatyaF 

Try restarting your phone and the watch again, and do the setup.

There should be no other Bluetooth devices, watches or phones on at that time and the watch needs to be near the wifi source and phone in case there is a firmware update necessary.

The Fitbit App takes care of finding the watch and setting up Bluetooth.

If it doesn't work the watch may be faulty, and probably best to contact Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KatyaF  You also need to verify the watch is charging and charged. The pins on the charger are often found faulty, so check that all 4 are equally prominent and there is no sign of damage or inconsistency between them.

One way to check is when its on charge and the display is blank and you tap the watch it should display the battery level. If it doesn't then there may be a changing issue, not sure if it will do this in its current state.

Should you find it faulty ask support for a replacement under warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the exact same thing last night. I was just on phone with support. They took me through the general steps of below with no success. Since I'm still in warranty, she sent me a link for a replacement. I bought it brand new in March. A bit of a bummer.

Best Answer

They also sent me a new one last time! But now since my warranty expired I am not installing updates to the device because I am worried that the same thing will happen again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KatyaF - a very wise decision.

Best Answer
0 Votes