Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't vibrate when I receive notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My sense does receive text and calls but does not vibrate or wake- up to notify me. If I hear my phone go off because of a text or call and I look at my sense the screen is black. If I tap on it it will then show the text or call. This all worked the first 2 weeks. I have read all the post on notifications but none apply to this. Help!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

@Heyotter swipe right to open quick settings on sense. Is any of the first two top icons blue (enabled)? That would be dnd and night mode. Make sure they're grayed out.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

This started happening to me recently, maybe like a week ago. I will also confirm that I do not have DND or night mode on. vibrations still work for everything else like the get moving reminder. It's only notifications that come in that are not vibrating the sense.

Best Answer

@wizll It's nice to see you around the Community Forums! Thanks for confirming that you don't have DND or sleep mode ON and letting us know you receive other notifications such as reminders to move, step goal, and so. 

Please note when you turn on the do not disturb, quiet hours, or driving mode setting on your phone, your Fitbit device receives notifications but won’t alert you.

If you have an Android phone, you can set your Fitbit device to always send you notifications:

1. Tap the Today tab > your profile picture > Notifications.
  2. In the Vibration Settings section, turn on the Always Vibrate option.

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

All of these conditions are set up correctly on both the sense and the app on android phone but the vibrating stopped working within the part 5 days. 

Best Answer

yeah, the step reminder works only some times. After reaching 250 steps is vibrates only from time to time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @stillstanding and @jTiKey. Welcome on board. I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations I've provided above.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Yes! Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I might have found the culprit:
I disabled the Reminded to Move Widget from the clock and it seems to be consistently vibrating at 50 mins and when you have walked the 250 steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're a Godsend - thank you!  I must have accidentally turned on DND.  It was just driving me crazy that I couldn't get texts.  

Best Answer

My DND mode mysteriously was on 🤔. Thanks!

Best Answer

Same thing seems to have happened to me. First five days I was alerted to a call or a text and then it stopped working?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes
Turns out I accidentally turned it on do not disturb
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am frustrated too I am not getting notifications on my  Fitbit sense for text messages or phone calls I have an iPhone 11. Would appreciate any feedback 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does any of this help?

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1979.htm

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes
No I am so so frustrated and over this!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here are some of my settings on my iPhone 12 and on my Fitbit app. 

IMG_6454.png

IMG_6453.png

IMG_6452.png

IMG_6451.png

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes
On my sense I was accidentally swiping right and hitting the Do Not Disturb
causing my watch to not notify me.
Best Answer