Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense wristband won't stay connected

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to know if other people have had any issues with the watch band. I bought 2 Fitbit Sense watches for my husband and I. My band popped off one day. I reattached it but was worried it would come off again. 
My husband went bike riding and noticed after he was home that his watch was gone!! I suspect his band came off too while he was riding and lost it. I complained to Fitbit support but they offered me no recourse whatsoever. They stand by their policy of not replacing lost watches - even though I believe we lost it because of a defective band. $485 CAD down the toilet. We’ve only had the watches for a couple of weeks!!!

Anyone else have issues with the defective band?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, the pictures and your efforts while working on this matter. I understand how you're feeling about the band not connecting correctly and I apologize for this inconvenience. Our team constantly works to improve our devices, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process. Your feedback is appreciated and it won't go unnoticed.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread. However, if you haven't done so, please try getting in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your details and see what can be done to help you with this matter. They're available via chat and phone, just click here to get connected with them.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

I have not, @rjkuser , however, I do have a suggestion for your husband.  Does he know roughly where he went riding?  If he does, have him download Bit FInder Geo on his phone and turn his BT on.  It will ping all nearby Fitbits with battery power. It works like a metal detector, so if he goes to where he think he might have lost it, he may find it with this app!

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Thank you for the suggestion. He actually did do this and he kept picking up every Fitbit in the neighbourhood but not his. Also interesting to note, he had the app turned on later this evening when we were in the car together and the app didn’t pick up my Fitbit. Wondering if it doesn’t work with the new Sense?

Best Answer
0 Votes

rjkuser, just looked for Bit Finder Geo in the Apple store (i use an iPhone) and not to be found.  Seems to be an Android app.  However, that's not the point. Which is that there are quite a few similar apps in the iPhone store.

Also when I googled Bit Finder and looked up the site it says

Compatible with: Fitbit Ionic, Alta, Alta HR, Blaze, One, Flex, Flex 2, Force, Charge, Charge 2, Charge HR, Surge and Zip

Doesn't mention the Sense. Or the Versa for that matter. Might be worth trying another app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry this happened to you but glad to see I’m not the only one. I got a Sense for Christmas and in the last week the wristband has disconnected on its own. Not during exercise, etc just being in the house. This is very worrisome because as you say it’s ~$400. I want to know if this is happening to more people. 
just in case support reads this I am using the new White wristband that came with the new Sense. 

Best Answer
Sorry to hear this happened to you too. I'm also curious if it's happening
to others. Mine was also the white band. Fitbit never gave me a refund. I
tried very hard to fight for it, but not luck. I ended up claiming the loss
on my insurance.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good idea.  I’m new to the Forum and posted elsewhere as there are more people affected so let’s see what response we get.

Best Answer

I've also had the same problem.  Quite frustrating when you consider how much the watch is worth as an initial outlay.

Best Answer

Oh man and totally agree!  Seems like this is a wider spread issue. Hope FitBit takes notice!

Best Answer

This is very frustrating 😤 just happened to me and my wife after having the watches for less than 10 days! Have opened a complaint to the support team. Let's see what they say.

Best Answer
Sorry to hear that. Good luck. They are not likely to do anything but doesn’t hurt to ask.
I ended up putting in a claim on my home insurance and through my Visa. We got reimbursed from home insurance but no response from Visa.
Best Answer

From other reading...that yes the watch bands are faulty.  Depending on how much you move and stuff the band will eventually no longer hold tight to the watch.  So what I did is bought 2 packs of other party watch bands (much better and exactly the same as the fitbit watch brand bands) and as soon as I notice it seeming loose I'll change out the band.  I've gone through 2 bands since launch and now...those were both official fitbit watch bands.  

Best Answer

I too have the sense and the band comes off all the time.  You must be very careful because it is so poorly designed.  Also, the glass shatters very easily and Fitbit will only offer a meagre discount on a replacement.  Even to have them offer that is a complete chore.  I like the sense, but I will be switching to another device.  I'm just trying to get a lot of my Fitbit friends to agree on a good alternative.  For the record, my Sense with the broken glass has a wristband that will no longer stay connected so it is relatively useless.  My wife purchased this for me for Christmas approximately 6 months ago and the glass broke within the first couple months.  It is way too sensitive to be a fitness device.  The older models seemed to be way more durable.  The sense practically needs to be stored in a China cabinet!

Good luck!  I would really suggest finding a good alternative device.  

Best Answer

I have had this problem too. The connection on the watch body seems to be defective and the band keeps coming out. I complained and someone from Fitbit told me they would send me a new watchband, and I never heard back again. Never received the watchband. It would not have helped though. The latch on the watch itself is defective. I am very disappointed in Fitbit support.

-----

So what did they say?

Best Answer

I purchased the Fit Bit Sense and yes the band just pops loose for no reason - I have not been happy with the way the band attaches or how easy it just pops loose.  And nobody enjoys wasting money for a product that just falls off for no reason.

Best Answer

I just received my Fitbit sense and set it up yesterday. Yesterday the band came off. I can't get it back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the only advice I have about the bands - I finally had a friend who helped me get the original band that came with my watch attached - and it has stayed connected.  So step away and come back later and try to connect the band that with the watch and hopefully you have good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started wearing my new Sense 2/6/22.  Large Black band the piece with holes has popped loose twice today.  Normal walking can you suggest an Amazon site that you purchased from?

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sense was barely a month old and FitBit replaced it. I would not recommend any third party watchbands as I suspect that is what wore down the barely adequate catches in the watch body. Since receiving a replacement I just use the supplied black rubber strap ... with to date no issues. I teach Judo and wear my Sense ... it has remained attached even when rolling with my beginners.

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Luckily someone saw my watch on the floor and retrieved it. I have to really fuss with it to make sure it’s secure.

Best Answer