Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I return my Fitbit Sense?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have only had my Sense for a week but with so many issues I am really disappointed in this watch.  The sleep function is ridiculous!  I have tried every solution posted. I sync to my phone just before bed and it records sleep perfectly.....UNTIL I get up to go to the bathroom and then it is done and considers me to now be awake for the rest of the night. The steps counter is inaccurate, the stairs counter is inaccurate, it won't exit from many functions without restart.  I upgraded from a cheap Sanag Smartwatch that I used for over a year and it worked flawless (even the sleep function worked perfectly all the time!) but I wanted the ECG function but now I don't know it I can even trust it with everything else so inaccurate.  So....has anyone actually found solutions that work? Or, should I just return this while I still can? If they can make cheap knockoff watches from China that work why does this expensive watch not function properly?

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

So you are saying you had a watch that you were perfectly happy with, but paid hundreds of dollars to switch to something else, just for the ECG function?  I guess the grass is always greener . . .  Did you consider a stand-alone ECG moniter if that is the only thing you were lacking?  Or couldn't you just keep using your other watch, and just use the Sense for ECG?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well the ECG was the primary reason for the upgrade because I was recently diagnosed with Afib and my Doctor suggested the Apple watch to monitor it on a daily basis (I chose this watch over the Apple).  Your suggestion to keep the Sense just for the ECG makes no sense - wear two watches at the same time?  I primarily wanted to know if there are users that have successfully resolved all the Sense issues, do I have a "lemon" and should exchange it or is the Sense just not a good device and return it while I can. 

Best Answer

Do you have the sleep settings on sensitive?

if so try normal. 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes
It is set to normal. But, thanks for checking.
Best Answer

I actually had this happen for the first time 2 nights ago.  I’ve had my watch since 11/20.  I thought it a fluke cause it only happened once. 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

I found this thread. When I go to settings>about 

I see “factory reset” I wouldn’t recommend that at this stage. Try reboot which is the holding of the side  button til the Fitbit logo appears then release and let it restart. See if that helps. May also want to try restarting your phone. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Other-Charge-Trackers/Not-tracking-sleep-after-I-get-up-to-go-to-bat...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I have already restarted my phone and restarted the Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What phone are you using?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you confirm the Fitbit app version you are running?

I’m running 3.67.

Make  sure your phone is up to date and you are running the current Fitbit app. 

I checked my logs and I actually had 2 nights in the past week where sleep recording stopped in the middle of the night when going to the bathroom. 

Only change is I updated my iPhone iOS to 16.0.1 and 16.0.2 last week. 

probably not it but maybe clean the back where sensors are)  with isopropyl alcohol 

Last night was accurate.

Best Answer
I am also running 3.67. My phone automatically updates to the latest
version.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dianne7301 

How did the sleep session recording come out today?

Best Answer
0 Votes
We'll, I would say marginally better but still totally inaccurate. Again,
it stopped when I got up to go to the bathroom. I know I fell asleep as
soon as I got back into bed, but it shows this big gap in time. I went to
bed at 11:20 and took about 10 minutes to fall asleep which is normal and I
got up at 7:15 (so that part is accurate). I had a good night's sleep but
this still shows that I did not. I think the sleep algorithms they use just
don't work for everyone. They have made them too complex because previous
watches that I have owned included a much older Fitbit worked fine.
How about you?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine showed proper sleep time.  
It recorded bathroom visit correctly as well as the time I went to sleep and woke up. One never knows about the accuracy of Rem, Light, and Deep Sleep. 
All in all I think it did a good job last night. 
Did you happen to clean the back and make sure it is tight enough, but not too tight?  I think that is important.  Good luck!  Hope you decide to keep it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Return and get a refund while you can!!! Many known issues with the Sense! 

Best Answer
0 Votes