Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebooting sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hiya 

I'm having soooo many issues with my sense. 

I got my fitbit sense as a Christmas present. It has already been exchanged as the battery was draining in a matter of days. 

Now with my replacement sense I'm also having problems. And when I try to reboot device, it simply activates Google assist. 🤨

Anyone else having this problem? Any advice?

TIA. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Jools13 Hello!  Sorry to hear about your troubles.  You can shut down the Sense by swiping to the left of the screen and going to Settings > Shut Down. After the Sense is powered off, you'll just need to hold the left side of the Sense in to turn it back on.  You can also perform a Factory Reset under Settings > About Sense > Factory Reset.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

@Jools13 Hello!  Sorry to hear about your troubles.  You can shut down the Sense by swiping to the left of the screen and going to Settings > Shut Down. After the Sense is powered off, you'll just need to hold the left side of the Sense in to turn it back on.  You can also perform a Factory Reset under Settings > About Sense > Factory Reset.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hiya Heather,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes I did find the shut down options in the settings, and have been using it. But  it's not ideal, and the new device simply doesn't work as it should.  I should mention that I'm having a few issues with it. 😩

Best Answer

@Jools13 To restart it with the side "button", you do have to hold it down quite hard and for quite a long time. It's not very convenient, I totally understand. I find the best way is to simply shut it down from the menu.  I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.  Best of luck!

Best Answer

@Jools13 If you're getting to the Assistant, you just need to continue to hold past that for it to restart.

You should mention the issues you're having. What are they?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi eezeepee,

I would have thought that too, but Google assist just tells me "I'm still listening". 🤷‍:female_sign: And then tells me " I think something has gone wrong" 🤦‍:female_sign:🤦‍:female_sign:🤦‍:female_sign:

I have just posted 3 different threads, each with an issue. I guess one little inconsistency you allow, but when two or three things keep going wrong. And I've only had this device 2 months. 😞

TIA 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Heather.

Much appreciated 

Best Answer

My Sense just keeps trying to boot since yesterday. Almost 24 hours now. Constantly fitbit logo keeps coming on and off all time

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to physically take the Sense off my wrist and press the side button, very hard. If I can do that 3 times in a row, it will function normally for a day or two. If it won’t reboot 3 times, I won’t get reminders to move or any notifications. Resetting to factory does nothing. If you can return it, I’d strongly suggest it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To restart your watch, press and hold the button for 10 seconds until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, and then release the button. Restarting your watch doesn't delete any data. Sense has small holes on the device for the altimeter, speaker, and microphone

Regards,

Will

Best Answer