Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Update Sense to Google Pay/Wallet

I'm trying to update my Fitbit Sense to Google Pay, as I need to update my card in there because it expired. When I click on the wallet all it will say is "an error has occurred. Please try again."

I have restarted the watch and my phone, tried with wifi on and off, made sure my Google account was linked, clearedthe cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the fitbit app, and finally unpaired it from my phone and re-paired it. Still getting the same error. I'm out of ideas to try. My phone and the app and the watch are all updated. 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I had to remove my existing cards in Fitbit Wallet/Pay, then convert to a Google Wallet/Pay, then re-add my card. If there were cards in Fitbit Wallet/Pay it would not convert. YMMV. 

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer

How do you remove the existing cards? My app only show Google Wallet now and I cannot open it to remove the cards. Fitbit pay is replaced with Google Wallet in the app.

--------------------

I got it working, reinstalled fitbit app, logged out/in, migrated account to google and restarted the watch. Got the cards back on the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Micsb asked: "How do you remove the existing cards? My app only show Google Wallet now and I cannot open it to remove the cards. Fitbit pay is replaced with Google Wallet in the app."

Another way is to go into your bank app and remove/delete the virtual cards, provided your bank allows that thru their app or website. YMMV

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also not sure how to delete my card because it won't let me click on the wallet button. It errors every time, no matter what I do. So I can't remove my current card and then I can't get it switched over to Google wallet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@almorton1 Try login to Fitbit dashboard through a web browser. Under settings select Fitbit Pay and deactivate cards. Its supposed to delete the cards from Fitbit Pay in case the watch is lost/stolen. I managed to migrate to Google Wallet, though I am not certain what exactly solved it in my case. Have you tried to restart your watch, sync it and continue the Google Wallet migration?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!! This worked! 

Best Answer
0 Votes