Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update bricked my sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any word on a fix after the last update? I just installed the update a few days ago and my sense hasn't worked right since. It is constantly restarting, and when it makes it to home screen, you cannot swipe to any other screens. It is also draining the battery really fast.

Why is it everytime they push an update, it bricks our devices?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @MooseFire341 - good question, there are many reports in the forums of problems with the last update. It would seem the update didn't work properly, try chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue (Sense touch screen inaccurate / non responsive, and gets worse as time passes from a reset) immediately after updating to 44.128.6.17

I contacted support via chat and was told "Firmware doesn't impact the device." Right.

Changed clock face, reset, didn't help.

The issue has worsened, and now the screen either refuses to turn on, or shows flickery purple lines or clock face. If it does turn on, it's as if the screen is trying to respond to the movement of my wrist, but then it eventually gives up. Still vibrates with side button press, HR sensor on back still blinks green when touched.

Yet another disappointing experience and broken FitBit just after the warranty expires - only this time FitBit's own software is clearly at fault. I hope they eventually admit / address this, but not a good track record there. In the meantime, our impacted devices are useless. 

FitBit - please give us an update ASAP to resolve this. But before you put it out, do some basic regression testing. Perhaps someone at Google can help with this. 

Best Answer