Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water logged on Sense won't update on Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got a new sense.

Using "log some water" and it seems to sync with the Android app, but when I come back to the Sense it always says 64 fl oz remain. The Android app reports the correct value.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Hi @FitMe2020. Welcome. It's good to see a new face around the forums.

Thanks for sharing that you got the Sense and I'm sorry that your water logs aren't correct on your watch. This is odd and just to confirm, are you logging your water directly from your watch? If you are, does the same happen if log your water from the Fitbit app? Is the Fitbit app updated to the latest version?

If you've not done so, please try force stopping the Fitbit app, rebooting your phone, restarting your watch, syncing with the Fitbit app and log your water one more time.

I'll look forward to your response.

Best Answer

Hi @LizzyFitbit 

I setup the new Sense and Android App on 17-Oct-2020, so software is whatever the cloud provided on that date.

Display of water continues to be randomly inconsistent in the App, and on the watch.  I have a series of screenshots, but in this post I'll share the simplest demonstration.  Procedure:

1. view screen, "log some water" shows 64 fl oz left (not correct)

2. click into water section, shows 16 oz already consumed (which is correct)

There are 12 seconds between these screenshots; no activity was taken between shots. Just prior to the screenshots, I logged water.

I have other sequences between the watch and App that show random inconsistencies, but these two simple screenshots should be enough for the developers to recognize a bug, reproduce it, and fix it.

Screenshot_20201021-092159_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20201021-092211_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

I log water, and it vibrates, but the total still says 0 ml. This has happened many times.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Hi @FitMe2020. Welcome back.

Thanks for replying back with more details about this situation, as well for the screenshot. It seems the Fitbit app isn't calculating the correct amount of water left to reach your goal. To continue investigating on my end, please provide me with the model and OS/software of your phone. Also, confirm if this happens just when logging your water directly from your Sense.

Because you've an Android phone, let me recommend to give one last try to the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. On your phone's settings, tap Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  3. Go back one screen and tap on Force Stop.
  4. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  5. Reboot your phone.
  6. Open the Fitbit app, log back in and sync your data.
Best Answer

@dxbce Welcome to the Community. 

Let me help you with your Sense not showing the logged water correctly. Start by restarting your Sense by following these instructions. You can also try logging water on your app and sync it to see if it shows correctly on your Sense.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same exact issue... I just got my Sense today and logging water is very important to me and it continues to say zero on the watch and then it adds the wrong amounts on the app so I have to go into the app and delete it all and now it says that I didn't log any water today on my watch!

Best Answer

I have the samsung note 9 Android 10, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my new Sense today and when I log water on the watch it says zero but on the app on my Samsung note 9 with Android 10 it tracks it, but inaccurately from the watch. My goal is 80 oz of water and when I add on the watch it'll add 80 + 80 + 80! Then on the watch it says 0 Oz and that I didn't log anything. I've logged out of the app, restarted my watch cleared the cache and nothing is worked! Please fix... Others are getting the same issue and this is an extremely important feature!

Best Answer

Yes, I noticed that too. Will ask around.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Kounyk. It's great to see you here in the forums.

Thanks for sharing that your water data isn't logging correctly on your watch and the Fitbit app. I understand how important for you it's to log this data and let's work on this together. Just to confirm, is the Fitbit app updated in your phone? Is your Sense syncing and updated correctly? If possible, please take a picture of what it's displayed on your watch or app and attach it in your reply.

In the meantime and because your post didn't mention, I'd recommend to try the suggestions posted above, restart your watch and try logging your water one more time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I hope you're doing well. @Marrrmaduke, thanks for the heads up!

I'd like to follow up with you if the water logs are updating correctly on your Sense and the Fitbit app. If the issue persists, let me know so I can further investigate on my end. Please make sure to have your watch and the Fitbit app updated so your data can sync accurately.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No - it simply does not work.

Here is an ordered sequence of what one might see:

FitMe2020_0-1607119825242.png

Moving from left to right:

1. log 16, save

2. shows empty

3. come back, suddenly appears OK?

4. log 16 more

5 empty

6. screen says 64 oz remain

I'm running out of patience playing with it, and the answer equivalent of "try re-installing Windows" is no more satisfactory now than when it was first used 🙂

The engineers need to do some more real-world testing before you ask more of customers.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Hi @FitMe2020. It's good to see you again.

Thanks for the screenshots and details provided, as well for your efforts while troubleshooting the Fitbit app. Just to confirm, before you mentioned to have an Android device but in your recent post it says Windows, could you please confirm which device you're using? Even though the Fitbit app can be installed in a Windows device, please note that the Sense was optimized to work with Android and Apple devices. If you try to sync with a Windows device, your data may not update correctly in your account. I understand how you're feeling about having this issue and to make sure we've exhausted our steps, please give a try to the suggestions from my post on your Android device.

If by any chance the issue persists, please provide me with the model and OS/software of your phone so I can look into this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Best Answer

I'm also having this issue...

My watch will say 0 cups when I try logging it, but it display correctly in the app on my phone.

Samsung S8+

Best Answer

I have this too occasionally.

Sometimes it will sync upon a next water input.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @FitMe2020 and @Deechte, it's good to see you here in the forums. @Roam2020, welcome on board.

Thanks for replying back with the requested information. I've forwarded this information to our team so they can further investigate what may be occurring. In the meantime, please make sure to keep the Fitbit app updated and your Sense syncing correctly so the rest of your data is correct in both devices. Once I hear from them, I'll share more details in this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @LizzyFitbit 

Additional details that I discovered. It will log my water intake on my watch in the mornings, but it will reset to zero and stop logging in the late afternoon around 3-4PM pacific time zone. It does sync it to my phone app, but will show zero on the watch.

The phone application works fine.

Best Answer

Just updated to Firmware Version 44.128.4.17

My experience is now similar to that described by @Roam2020 

I can post another series of images, but:

At 12:41 PM Pacific time GMT-8 I recorded 16 oz water, and the watch correctly shows this value.

At 9:43 PM Pacific time GMT-8, the watch shows 0 water for the day.

Time for the development team to test some more.

Best Answer