Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should we all do about the November 2023 update disabling our Sense fitbits?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit sense was working just fine and then it just stopped and just shows the Fitbit logo.. it is also unrecognizable by my bluetooth

I have tried every last method available to get it going again without success. I have contacted customer service and also was not able to resolve. I was told I’ll just have to buy another one!

I have researched this issue online and through various threads on this forum.. there are MANY users with this exact same issue that ties directly to the date of the update! 
It is unacceptable for a respectable company to do this.. There needs to be a recall.. a replacement… or an update that fixes this for everyone.. not excuses. There must be something that can be done!

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I feel bad for everyone that has this issue with their Sense. I am a Sense owner also. There was no Sense firmware update in November. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!
I did have an update on the fitbit app. I can see it on the list on my
phone app.

----

If you read through some of the posts on the forum you can see that yes indeed there was an app update that completely changed the look of the app and not too many are happy with it! Also Fitbit "rolls" out its updates to users. Not everyone gets them at the same time. Unfortunately mine was set to auto updates from the Fitbit app...otherwise if I had known all of this I wouldn't have updates and I would still have a working watch. I was one of the first people to have the original Fitbit...I've been a great fan of this company for many years...this is the final straw...I'll have to find something else. 

Best Answer

Hi @karyncarpenter  - if your watch has a Fitbit logo only and you have factory reset it using the button (often not possible if it keeps rebooting) it has a fault.

As you didn't do a firmware update that isn't the cause in this case but can be in other cases.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit stopped working too after the November update. I have tried everything and nothing has worked. I’ve talked to customer service 3 times and they didn’t help. They offered me a 35% off coupon to buy a new one after telling me one lie after another and coming up BS excuses. I am mad about this.

Best Answer

It angers me that Fitbit knew the update had glitches in it and didn’t warn unsuspecting customers about the glitches or better yet didn’t simply disable the update. I believe Fitbit is liable for rendering our devices useless and that frustrates me, because they are hiding under the guise that my 1 year warranty just elapsed so they can opt out of any responsibility for what they have allowed to happen. Who would spend close to $300 for a Fitbit that would only be useful for 1 year? I don’t think anyone would. 

i have talked to customer service 4 times now and exchanged several emails without any resolve. Fitbit isn’t interested in making this right. They just expect a 35% off coupon to buy a new Fitbit will make everyone happy. Not me!

Best Answer

I have had same issues after my app was updated. Followed all recommendations,  uninstalled app/repaired watch at least 3x and after about a week or so it won't connect anymore again and I have to do it all again...losing any information since last sync. At least my $300 watch still tells time, for now.

So frustrating.  I didn't bother reaching out to Cust. Service since so many others state what I had already experienced with a previous product. CS has always sucked, I didn't get a warranty (like at all, not even 1 year) on previous product because it was purchased at a retailer instead of direct from fitbit website... we're talking a big department store, not some tiny third party reseller on amazon/ebay. What other companies do that!? And products that go out 12- 14 months after purchase is ridiculous. I should have learned my lesson then, but apparently I didn't.

Best Answer

Yes im having same issue. It keeps track of steps in my app but not on my watch

The reason is that need buy new watch. What is the point then to pay so much for watch and not working. Maybe we should all stop buying fitbit products or need give credit towards new ones. How can we guarantee that new watch wont have same issue. As i also got new phone too

Best Answer

My fitbit app has been showing a pending update for several month.  My husband attempted to apply that update for me.  Both my phone (iPhone 😎 and my Fitbit sense were on their chargers and were showing fully charged.  The update stopped.  The screen showed the Fitbit logo with one half of a circle around it.  Left the phone and watch alone all night.  In the morning the logo and half circle were unchanged.  Tried to re-add the phone to the app but bluetooth cannot find the sense.
Does this mean that the owner of a Sense should buy a new Sense whenever a pending watch upgrade appears in the Fitbit App???

Best Answer