Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the ECG app be available in Japan?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When will the ECG be available to be used in Japan and is there any hope. I bought this device today and unhappy that the very things I wanted was ECG and not working.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Jpnmike, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for sharing that you have the Sense, as well for your question. I understand how much you'd like to use the ECG app in Japan and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Fitbit continues working to have this and other features available in other countries and our members feedback is a big part of that process, so be sure that your comments won't be taken for granted. Please know that once we have updates about this or any other feature availability, we'll share it with you through the Help Forums and our Press Release details.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see your post is from February 12, 2021. I just bought the Sense and hoped to use the ECG app, but it’s not available in Japan. Do you know when it will be available here? 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @NBrid.

Thanks for joining this thread and letting me know that you have the Sense. Let me explain that the ECG App is available in certain countries that are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations related to our medical products. I understand that you'd like to have this app available in Japan and my best advice is to keep an eye at this link for future updates about the availability of this feature. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and please know your feedback won't go unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As from today I cant use it on my Fitbit charge 5.

There is no reliable information on the Fitbit side for this case.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Cihane.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about this situation, I'm sorry you're having this experience with your Sense. As you know the ECG app is currently available in select countries that have approved its usage. While we don't have more details when this will be the case for Japan, please know our team will continue working hard to bring this app to our members across the world.

Your feedback is truly appreciated, and my best advice is to check this link which will be updated as soon as more countries are added to the list.

Best Answer

I saw advertisements on the Fitbit website (in Japanese) displaying the ECG feature, so I bought the Charge 5. Now it seems the option is still not available. Apple has had theirs approved. What is the timeline for Fitbit?

Best Answer

Hi there, @TinJ.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing these details with me. As mentioned before, let me share currently the ECG app is available in select countries where its usage has been approved. We don't have a time frame when this feature will be available in Japan; however, we'll update our official list as soon as there is any update.

I understand how much you'd like to use this app and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Our team continues working on our features to make Fitbit more useful for you, rest assured your feedback won't go unnoticed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If my wife uses a US English version of Fitbit in the us will it work?  How is the region for Fitbit install determined?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Chrisauker - you can see a list countries where it's authorised by clicking on this link ECG countries near the bottom.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is not helpfull.  Can I create a second profile to use on the same device or can I keep both English and Japanese versions on one phone.  Is the a way to get permission to just the function with the website only w/o using the application.

Best Answer

It is now August 2022 and still zero update on when ECG will be available in Japan. Please don’t just post the template reply with ECG page link. Tell us when we can expect to be able to use this feature that was misleadingly advertised in Japanese language. Next month? Next year? Never?

Best Answer

Crazy right?   I’ve had the Sense long enough to watch the Withings get announced released and approved in Japan, EU and the US.  What seems to be the holdup for Fitbit?  

i have a US account bought the Fitbit in the US but couldn’t get the app for some reason (Japanese phone?).  

Best Answer
0 Votes