Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wildly Innacurate step count

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Maybe I have it set up wrong? It is only 11AM, I have only been doing work at home office work since 7AM, didn't leave the house except to take out trash and 3,500 steps already? 1.5 miles!?!?!?!

Usually I go for 1 hour walks in the afternoon and sometimes don't get to 7,000 steps in a whole day./ 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @doolindale123 , welcome to the community, you are probably aware that your device determines "steps" by measuring your arm movement. This article explains the details How accurate are Fitbit devices? This third-party article offers further thoughts How to make your fitness tracker count steps more accurately - The Verge I hope this is helpful.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @doolindale123 , welcome to the community, you are probably aware that your device determines "steps" by measuring your arm movement. This article explains the details How accurate are Fitbit devices? This third-party article offers further thoughts How to make your fitness tracker count steps more accurately - The Verge I hope this is helpful.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. That is concerning. Maybe everything it measures is just as wildly innacurate. Heart rate says 72 maybe its really 114

Best Answer
0 Votes