Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a solution to infinite reboot-loop stuck on fitbit icon for Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I just got the reboot-loop issues same as below link

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sense/Sense-stuck-on-a-reboot-loop/td-p/5312967

Tons of user get same issue but receive zero support from fitbit.

So I just tear down the Sense, use 70C hot plate and a small sucker to help take the screen apart, 

Then just use hair dryer dry the watch mainboard 1 minute, just get rid of moisture inside.

Immediately, the watch reboot successuflly.

Then I just clear the residual of glue on watch frame and screen, gluing the screen again.

For detail method to glue the screen, you can find my another link below.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sense/Tips-to-repair-Sense-screen-detached/m-p/5334991#M63453

Sum it up, the infinite boot-loop is not data error or caused by incompatible 3rd party watch face, it just because the watch lost hermeticity,open watch and remove the moisture inside can get the watch fixed.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@leowood

I'm glad that worked for you. I tried it on both of my watches with the boot loop issue, and unfortunately it didn't fix either of them. I'd say it's worth trying. 

Out of an abundance of caution, I would warn that lithium-ion batteries can be VERY dangerous if they are pierced or overheated (melting). Having removed two screens, I would say that this is a pretty safe operation because the battery is stored in a lower section of the watch.  However, it is always wise to be cautious and have a metal container, like an old pot with a lid, nearby whenever you open any gadget that has a lithium-ion battery. That way if the battery catches fire then you can put it in the metal container.

Best Answer

I would never open up a watch like that.  I wouldn't mess with those batteries.

I just find it odd that 3 of the same Fitbits purchased at the same time all stopped working.

When I am mobile I will buy an Apple watch.

Best Answer