Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't connect to WiFi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

PXL_20201108_214727308-01.jpeg

 Hello, I'm using my brand new Sense for about 2 weeks purchased via Amazon. Even on first setup I wasn't able to add any Wi-Fi network. Even adding it manually I wasn't able to connect. Updating the firmware through Bluetooth took really long and failed several times showing the big red "X". Every time I tried to search for Wi-Fi network through Fitbit app my Sense showed the WiFi logo without connection and restarted ultimately. Doing factory reset didn't helped. 

Any solution?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @misot79 , welcome to the Community Forums. @FloppyDrive and @Rich_Laue, thanks for your great help, you're awesome!

@misot79, thanks for your efforts while trying to get your Sense connected to your Wi-Fi, as well for attaching a picture of the error displayed. I understand how you're feeling about this situation and I'll give you a hand with this. Before anything else, please make sure of the following requirements:

• Your have an open, WEP, WPA personal, and WPA2 personal Wi-Fi networks. Note that your watch cannot connect to 5GHz, 802.11ac, WPA enterprise, or public Wi-Fi networks that require logins, subscriptions, or profiles.

• Your watch must be plugged into the charging cable to find your Wi-Fi.
  • Your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi that you're trying to use on the watch.
  • Your watch needs to be nearby the router, around 20 feet to connect correctly.

If those requirements are met, I'd recommend to try the following:

1. Remove the Sense from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. On your phone:
    For Android devices, go to your phone's settings and tap Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache. Then, go back one screen, tap Force Stop and reboot your phone.
    For iOS devices, force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Restart your watch.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  5. Tap your Profile picture > Sense > Wi-Fi Settings and add your network one more time. If possible, try moving your watch closer to your router. 

Let me know how everything goes.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
39 REPLIES 39

Have you restarted your wireless router recently? Have you looked at the logs on the router?

Best Answer
Yes I restarted the router as trying to solve the problem. I even tried to
use different routers. I have both WiFi AC and WiFi N routers. But the
Fitbit app founds no WiFi at all. It's the wristband problem I think.
Best Answer

Are you saying the Fitbit app is unable to discover nearby WiFi ssid's? If your phone has WiFi enabled, then it would be an application permission issue on your phone.

Best Answer
That's it. I'll check that.Thank for your insights .
Best Answer
0 Votes

When setting up the WiFi, I find it is best to have the phone connected to the WiFi. 

First question is your WiFi 2.5 compatible? 

Best Answer

Unfortunately it looks like Fitbit software issue. I have tested it on 4 different routers and one is pure 2,4 GHz. But I wasn't able to find any networks in the Fitbit app.  My Sense shows it searches, and it restarts several times. I should test it on different smartphone than Pixel 2.  My overall impression about Sense is really poor. I'm thinking about returning the product and getting much cheaper Garmin Venue Sq.  

Best Answer

Are you running Android 11?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @misot79 , welcome to the Community Forums. @FloppyDrive and @Rich_Laue, thanks for your great help, you're awesome!

@misot79, thanks for your efforts while trying to get your Sense connected to your Wi-Fi, as well for attaching a picture of the error displayed. I understand how you're feeling about this situation and I'll give you a hand with this. Before anything else, please make sure of the following requirements:

• Your have an open, WEP, WPA personal, and WPA2 personal Wi-Fi networks. Note that your watch cannot connect to 5GHz, 802.11ac, WPA enterprise, or public Wi-Fi networks that require logins, subscriptions, or profiles.

• Your watch must be plugged into the charging cable to find your Wi-Fi.
  • Your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi that you're trying to use on the watch.
  • Your watch needs to be nearby the router, around 20 feet to connect correctly.

If those requirements are met, I'd recommend to try the following:

1. Remove the Sense from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. On your phone:
    For Android devices, go to your phone's settings and tap Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache. Then, go back one screen, tap Force Stop and reboot your phone.
    For iOS devices, force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Restart your watch.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  5. Tap your Profile picture > Sense > Wi-Fi Settings and add your network one more time. If possible, try moving your watch closer to your router. 

Let me know how everything goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to thank you for detailed workaround for Sense WiFi connection problems. I did everything as you described. Removed Sense from Bluetooth devices list, cleared cache, force stop Fitbit app, rebooted the watch and even rebooted my Pixel 2 phone and repeated cleaning cache and force stopping the Fitbit app. I manually synced the watch in the app, did WiFi search and no network was found. I have several WiFi networks in range my phone can see them not the Fitbit app.  I'm loosing my hope. As the device restarts repeatedly ie while doing WiFi connection attempts or while using Alexa assiastant. I think it may be faulty piece and thinking about replacement.   I known that WiFi is used for firmware upgrades and music. But last time firmware upgrade through Bluetooth took really long time.  Best regards Michal Šotola

Best Answer

Hi @misot79. It's good to see you around.

You're welcome and thanks for the time taken while trying those steps. I'm sorry that your Sense is still unable to find and connect to your WiFi network. This shouldn't be happening and because the troubleshooting tips didn't work, I've contacted our Support team so they can create a case and provide you with further assistance. Please note that due to recent events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply, but they'll get in touch with you soon.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have problems with connecting. The watch find the wifi, but even though I enter the correct password, it tells me wrong password 😞

As you can read above I also am unable to connect to wifi. The watch finds the wifi but refuses to accept the correct password, even if it is correct 

JuanJoFitbit_0-1634393919748.png

Updates via bluetooth take extremely long time. The first installation took a night, now this first update seems to stop early on.

As you can read above I also am unable to connect to wifi. The watch finds the wifi but refuses to accept the correct password, even if it is correct.

Updates via bluetooth take extremely long time. The first installation took a night, now this first update seems to stop early on, and I have retried several times

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

On original Sense setup my wifi was not detected, went thru setup again - same thing. Being new I read the forum ALOT, found this - followed the instructions exactly -. This not only setup my home network wifi but IT ALSO CONNECTED MY SENSE CONTROLS!!!!!!

LizzyFitbit thank you, thank you and btw thank you again!

Best Answer

Also can’t connect to WiFi 

Best Answer

Try changing the encryption method in the router from AES to TKIP. Worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Isn't that less secure

I am getting the same error with wifi setup and nothing is working. 😞

Best Answer

Yes, it absolutely is. It's still the only way I was able to make it work. Everyday I own this thing I regret my choice more. 😕

Best Answer

Same problem.  We even dumbed down a channel on our wifi.  It looks to have connected but then when I try and change to a new face I get the "Oops, looks like there's no internet connection" message in the App.  Our Wifi seems to think it's connected but I can't get anything to work.  I'm very disappointed. 

Best Answer

I have an iPhone XR. I've been using the Charge 4 for the last couple of years. Not very happy with it. I just got my Sense on 06/28/21 from eBay. On the initial setup, Sense would not connect to the wifi at my house. I didn't remember being told in the instructions to keep my Sense connected to the charging cable. Fortunately, Bluetooth handled the updates but it was slow. I have tried several times to connect. On several occasions, I would check the system info on my Sense and it would show the wifi connected. But if I backed up a screen and then went back into the system info the wifi would no longer be connected. I have also tried to connect at my office but the same problem. I have followed the steps you gave misot79. I reset my router and had the watch within 2 feet of the router. Same problem. It appears to connect but seconds later it is disconnected.

Best Answer

I had the Fitbit sense for about 2 weeks before having this problem. Fitbit finally decided that it was a faulty piece but then I had to wait over a month to get a new one and the new one is having the same problems. I will never own another Fitbit ever again.  

Best Answer