Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you tracking sleep every night?

I'd like to hear your experience in regards to sleep tracking. I try to wear my Versa every night, following my sleep scheduleI don't use sensitive sleep settings on my watch since sometimes I move a lot at night and I don't like to see extra restless or awake time in the morning.

Some other night I remove my watch from my wrist before going to bed just to give a rest to my arms. I'd like to hear about your experience on how you're tracking your sleep. Do you track it every single night or do you prefer to track sleep on specific days of the week?

I've been improving my sleep habits since I'm aware of different things that can help me to have a better sleep score. 😊

YojanaFitbit_0-1640053469337.jpeg

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119
I got rid of the sense 2 . Thought I had deleted my account
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ 
I know this is an older post/thread. However, I would like to offer that I charge my device when I’m sitting at my desk (physically inactive) or when I’m driving (also physically inactive). That way, I get to wear my device when I sleep. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wear fitbit every night except when charging. Sleep time rarely registers at all! 

Suggestions? 

Best Answer
I had to re-install the app after deleting the app. Nothing else thst was suggested worked.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

I started tracking sleep right before Christmas. Right after Thanksgiving, I had 2 incidents of waking with a start, just as I was nodding off, and feeling like I was going to stop breathing. Nope, it is not apnea, had that checked. This went into panic attacks. I had some bug that was not specifically diagnosed but COVID, FLU and Pneumonia were ruled out. After steroids and an anti biotic, I became a victim of insomnia for the first time in my 69 years. It was horrible and I read everything about how to get to sleep, how to get back to sleep. I never have more than 1 cup of coffee first thing in the morning, no other caffeine, I have a clean healthy diet and don't eat much. I was told no naps! Then as anxiety built, I was advised to stop tracking the sleep as it was adding to the anxiety. So I stopped, for a bit. Then NYE, I actually went to sleep, right after the ball drop, and slept for  8 hrs. and  minutes. Crazy. So I have been tracking it nightly ever since. I don't  often meet my goal of 7 1/2 hrs., but am getting **ahem** close. The quality of sleep though, I am not thoroughly understanding how they come up with that. Is it the % of Deep and REM to Light sleeping??  I don't get a lot of REM but even less deep sleep so need to figure out how to increase those 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly, I read your profile and I would advise weaning off both these medications, especially the Valium!! Once off, ask for TraZODone. It is non addictive and non narcotic and you don't have to take it every day. Be completely ready for bed before hand so you aren't waking the drowsy in you. Face washed, PJs on, whatever, just do it at the same time every night and then relax with a book or TV. Go to bed same time every night and read until you fall asleep. Practice breathing skills once you turn off that light and imagine your bliss state, mine's the beach, and go every sensory aspect of it. The warmth of the sun, the feel of sand on your feet, the wet sand in your toes, the sparkling water on hot skin......etc. A big part of this trick is believing that you are going to sleep. Mind games. Don't obsess over it. Make it natural. Stop alcohol! It disrupts sleep. Take Magnesium Complex, put magnesium oil on your pulse points before bed. Just keep trying different things and something WILL work for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly, I have found, at my advanced age, to eliminate caffeinated drinks and only have one cup of coffee first thing in the morning. Switch to Flavored waters or sparkling waters. Stop the alcohol. Naps should be between 1 and 3 and only for 20 to 30 minutes. A power nap will do more for you than an longer nap, should improve sleep quality. Don't take anything to help you sleep that includes a Benzodiazepine or Diphenhydramine. That is all the PM over the counter drugs, Benedryl, narcotics, etc. It's been linked to Alzheimer's. Take Magnesium Complex, D3, and Potassium during the day and ask your Dr. about Trazodone. Non addictive and a good sleep aid. 

Best Answer

Hi,

New user, of both a Luxe & the forum. I wanted to add my experiences.

Magnesium is my ticket to eliminate nightly leg cramps which wake me up.

Trazadone in my distant past turned out to be a "wolf in sheep's clothing."  

Despite 2 sleep disorders verified by sleep studies, I take no big Pharma. My choice because the side effects FAR outweigh the benefits. 

My big discovery last month was....not getting "excited" before bed! Pretty basic, but who knew happiness could be included in that? I got all psyched up about something positive & my brain revved up for 4 hours.  For me, it includes texting with family too. I never know what's coming.

The other lesson was to develop & stick to a sleep routine- nearly 2 HOURS beforehand. I considered that useless advice, but like a lot of things, I was wrong, wrong, wrong! It works. 

Thanks for maintaining a nice, helpful forum.

Best Answer
Why was trazadone a wolf in sheep's clothing please?

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

@WatsEla, keep in mind anything I say here applies ONLY to me and  my body. The only things I advocate for are caution and gathering information. 

It was harmful for me because the provider who prescribed it did not offer adequate follow up care. I was on it for years. It is  used "off label" for the purpose of a sleep aid, but the primary role chemically is that of an anti-depressant. Everyone reacts differently to medicines in that drug class. 

It "worked" to get me to sleep, but not keep me there. The side effects were significant, interfering with my balance. I have pre-existing conditions. For anyone taking an antidepressant, there is an effect called "anti-depressant discontinuation syndrome." ADSI already had severe migraines, and this made it worse. When I stopped taking it, it was a 4 letter word for a hot place. Opposite of heaven. 

Remember, I already had been diagnosed with 2 sleep disorders, so I wasn't a healthy person to begin with. My 2 cents are Trazadone should be considered for what it actually is, an anti-depressant, not what it might be used for.  

Thanks for your patience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would have to put the Fitbit on my husband at night, so it knows when he's snoring or laying on my side of the bed.  THEN, and only then, would it know why I'm getting a bad night's sleep.  He was gone for a week, and I slept like a baby 😁.  With that said ( I love him dearly and wouldn't change a thing) I'm wearing my Fitbit so when I get out of bed I know where the dog is sleeping on the floor and for no other reason... 👍😁.  

Best Answer
Load Snore Lab app to his/your smart phones Much better than Fitbit
Best Answer

It's always nice to have confirmation of our suspicions. Great news on your week's worth of quality sleep! Please tell me how wearing the Fitbit relates to where the dog is sleeping? Can't figure it out on my own. Thanks. 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi BeHea1thy...  My dog is black and sleeps on the floor in the bedroom.  When I get up in the dark, the first thing I do is touch the watch to show me the time. It lights up nicely so I can see where he's at and I don't hurt him or myself 😁.  It's a great little flashlight.  

Best Answer

😊 I love it! The light was the only possibility, but if the device is on Sleep Mode it's off. Of course if you tap it, then it comes on! What I didn't consider is a BLACK dog. You have everything you need.

I just stumble and grope in the dark, but will now consider this strategy. Thanks for waking me UP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

something's wrong, as mine has never done that.  Are you staying up for a while when you come back?  I fall back to sleep so fast I often can't see shere I got up

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you say, :mine has never done that" what is THAT?

Nope, I manage to talk myself back to sleep unless it's between 5:30 and 6 AM. So far, I've been successful. I'm really working on my daytime routine and it's starting to pay off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try

30 ml clear ZZQuil

5mg Meliton gummies

No caffeinated drinks 6 hrs before sleep

Load & Use Snore Lab app onto your smart phone - Many features I WISH Fitbit would add
Best Answer

I just started drinking Chamomile tea at night, not thinking it would work but I had nothing to lose. 

Anyway, it seems to help. I got my highest sleep score ever the first night I drank it. I am still getting scores in the 80's which is a great improvement for me.

good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jomamaw, if you're getting a benefit, why not? I hope it continues. Like @mpharr2  notes, any drink with caffeine should not be consumed 6 hours before bed. I tried to cheat on this issue, but soon learned the truth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes