Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you give some suggestions to improve sleep?

ANSWERED

Hi All, 

For the last couple of months, I have begun to discipline my lifestyle in all aspects, initially it was very difficult to fight my unhealthy food habits.  But now I am managed to overcome that unhealthy eating habits.

Still, the only thing i was still struggling is, with is my sleep. I am trying to improve it, in all possible ways. But still, i am getting only 4-5 hours of sleep. that too after 4 AM. 

I am writing this post to see if there are any good suggestions, I am ready to try it out, below are the thing i have tried to get better sleep. but still struggling.

I am taking Vitamin - D, B12, omega 3 at the noon.

1. Painted my Bedroom color to darker color ( dark green ) 

2. installed blackout curtains

3. Neatend & put the things in place. 

4. Setting thermostat to 68 F for the night 

5. Started avoiding even kindle and moved back to the reading physical book 

6. Avoided coffee after 3 PM 

7. Doing gym 5 PM to 6 PM 

8. No food after 9 PM 

9. Planning to buy blue light filter glasses. 

After doing all this I am unable to have better sleep. any other way you guys tried and worked out for you guys. please share i am really open to trying those things. 

Hope you all can relate and understand my sleepless nights. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Chinni86, welcome to the community forums! @cathm, it's great to see you around and thanks for your input!

@Chinni86 I'm glad to know that you've been working so hard to achieve your fitness goals! Please keep up the great work! As you may know, getting enough quality sleep at the right times can help protect your mental health, physical health, quality of life, and safety. However; there are some factors such as stress, irregular sleep schedule, mental health disorders like anxiety and depression, physical illness and pain that interfere. 

I think most of us have had a similar experience and we have found some helpful tips. Here are some tips that have worked for me and I think other users will read your post and will also comment here to give you more ideas. 

1.Reduce blue light exposure in the evening. 

2. Stop watching TV and turn off any bright lights 2 hours before heading to bed.

3. Don’t drink alcohol. It also alters nighttime melatonin production, which plays a key role in your body’s circadian rhythm. 

4. Relax and clear your mind in the evening. Strategies include listening to relaxing music, reading a book, taking a hot bath, meditating, deep breathing, and visualization.

5. Taking a hot bath around 1 and a half before bed improved sleep quality and helped people get more deep sleep. 

6. Get a comfortable bed, mattress, and pillow

I also invite you to visit the following thread for more recommendations. 

Hope this helps! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Chinni86 

Have you looked into a melatonin supplement?

Best Answer

Hello @Chinni86, welcome to the community forums! @cathm, it's great to see you around and thanks for your input!

@Chinni86 I'm glad to know that you've been working so hard to achieve your fitness goals! Please keep up the great work! As you may know, getting enough quality sleep at the right times can help protect your mental health, physical health, quality of life, and safety. However; there are some factors such as stress, irregular sleep schedule, mental health disorders like anxiety and depression, physical illness and pain that interfere. 

I think most of us have had a similar experience and we have found some helpful tips. Here are some tips that have worked for me and I think other users will read your post and will also comment here to give you more ideas. 

1.Reduce blue light exposure in the evening. 

2. Stop watching TV and turn off any bright lights 2 hours before heading to bed.

3. Don’t drink alcohol. It also alters nighttime melatonin production, which plays a key role in your body’s circadian rhythm. 

4. Relax and clear your mind in the evening. Strategies include listening to relaxing music, reading a book, taking a hot bath, meditating, deep breathing, and visualization.

5. Taking a hot bath around 1 and a half before bed improved sleep quality and helped people get more deep sleep. 

6. Get a comfortable bed, mattress, and pillow

I also invite you to visit the following thread for more recommendations. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer

Sure. thanks for your input. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Wilson, 

the points you mention really sensible, Sure I will try to inherit them into my lifestyle. Thank you very much for your reply. 

Best Answer

@Chinni86, it's my pleasure! 😁

I also want to recommend visiting the following Fitbit blog for more information about how to get a good night's sleep with Fitbit's sleep tools. 😊

See you around. 

Best Answer