Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do any of the watches track daytime naps?

Do any of the Fitbit watches track short daytime naps? I have a Fitbit Alta but it takes 3 hours of sleep to show your sleep cycles.

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

My charge 2 detects and tracks naps, but unless the sleep is over 3 hours long, it won't show sleep stages. I believe this is the same with other Fitbit trackers.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I frequently take naps after work that vary in length. My Alta actually will show if it's longer than an hour.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does it just show your time awake? I thought it was supposed to show every time you moved around. But compared to my sleep study, it doesn't even come close. In fact, a joke in comparison.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Short sleep periods don't show as much data. I do see number of times awake and minutes awake. 

Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

At night, my Alta tracks my movements accurately. I check my watch when I get up to do whatever, and the tracker catches my wake times on point. I think naps are too short for it to gain enough data to make the graph.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the watch only tracks about 1/2 of my arousals during the night.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Alta HR. I don't take naps often, but when I do, it does track my naps. I took one today (hey, donating blood takes it out of ya), and it tracked my nap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long was your nap? I'm reading it needs to be at least one hour. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit versa

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you been tested for sleep apnea? I never thought I had it. Between my apnea device and a Fitbit Versa, I know how long I cycle in and out of sleep cycles and how much sleep I get each night.

Best Answer

My charge 3 doesn't seem to track my naps.. and well, when I do wake up in morning and I go up for 15-30 min and going back to sleep, it tracks it but it puts it into new section that doesn't show up in dashboard somehow.

And yesterday I'd a 2 hour nap in evening 5-7pm, and it didn't show up at all as anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mlrfit wrote:

How long was your nap? I'm reading it needs to be at least one hour. 

That has been my experience. Naps shorter than an hour in length aren't automatically detected for me.

Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

does it shows all your day sleep time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Versa Lite, it needs 3 hours to show stages graph but tracks the nap time and adds it to the total.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased a new Fitbit Charge three and I am so disappointed. My charge 2 seemed to

track everything accurately including naps. The three doesn’t track naps and I can make one trip upstairs and it will show 40. Very dissatisfied. I miss my 2. 

Best Answer

I have an Inspire and it usually records any sleep I have if it's at least an hour long. It doesn't matter if it's day or night.

My watch isn't the kind to record sleep stages. Still, it does a good job recording my sleep and wake up times. Not perfect, but quite good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info. I may have to change my tracker to another model!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 record all my naps, not that I have so many but it always record me having naps even if its under one hour. It's not accurate down to the minute, but I experience the same thing at morning- the tracker thinks I'm asleep for five to ten minutes after I get ut. I must be very sleepy in the morning  according to my FitBit. 😜

Best Answer
0 Votes

For charge 3 go to your track sleep. In the right hand corner press the +sign and you can choose a one off track my sleep. When you wake up you let it know your now awake. Not the best way to track a nap, and ive not tried it myself yet, so don't know if there is a time limit. 

Best Answer