Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing sleep time changes later data.. WHY?

Sometimes I have to edit my start time because it misses the first portion of my sleep. But that should not affect data later in the night. To be specific this morning I woke up and had a hard time getting back to sleep and when I first looked at my sleep chart this morning it showed that time as awake. However when I edited  my sleep time to show that I went to bed a half hour earlier, that early morning awake time got removed. I hadn’t changed the end time. Can anyone explain that error?  I was definitely awake as it first noted! 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I have a similar problem: Sometimes I remove the last 15 minutes or so of my registered sleep, because in the graph it's shown as Awake anyways. After doing this I notice that for example my Deep sleep drops from let's say 50 minutes to 43 minutes, with a whole "chunk" removed from the graph. Or the other way around: my Fitbit adds minutes to one of the sleep stages, for example REM increases from 55 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes.

Best Answer

Mine is similar. It stops recording sleep too early, when I get up to use the bathroom and when I edit it to the time I later wake up, the earlier data changes. It makes me question the accuracy of all the sleep data!

Best Answer