Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta HR sleep recording

So I have just got my new Alta HR and while I love it I can't get the sleep recordings to show REM etc. I am only getting the awake, asleep, restless.

Does anyone know how to change this? I have the sleep set to sensitive and I make sure to let it know when I'm going to bed and when I'm awake.

Do you have to have a set amount of time actually fully asleep for this function to work? I have Narcolepsy so my sleep pattern is very erratic and the first couple of nights have shown that I don't stay asleep for longer than 40 mins at a time, the records seem to be full of me being restless or awake.

I really would like this function to work though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Based on your message it seems you are manually entering your sleep times. Is that correct ? When in manual mode, the Alta HR does not record the sleep stages. 

To record sleep stages, you need to be in automatic: simply do nothing, just go to sleep. The Alta HR uses a combination of movement and heart rate to know you are asleep. The next morning some minutes after wake up you will see your sleep stages. It is fairly accurate in getting bed times and getting up times automatically.

See here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1314#howdoesmy

Best Answer
0 Votes