Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit suddenly only displaying basic sleep data

Hi There

I have been wearing my fitbit for months with no problems but suddenly this morning it only collected basic sleep data (sleep, restless/awake times) and no sleep stages or sleep score. I have noticed from reading other posts that this has happened to others. Why would this have occurred and how can it be resolved? It seems to have collected my heart rate data over night so not sure why it did not log sleep stages. Thanks.

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

I reset my Fitbit per @michelleb4 @ used a phone cleaning app, and reset my Bluetooth. I did get sleep details last night! However, I did not use the Log Sleep feature on the app as I've read here it can cause loss of details like sleep scores.

Now, to address @mountain_highs @@and @murphbhbl 's findings about premium, I only have manual sync on my Versa watch and no WiFi connection enabled so the update may not have hit me yet. With luck maybe it will never hit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the self-same issue for the past two nights.  Fitbit.....it seems there is a problem here which is very frustrating so hopefully it will be rectified very quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Helena-H when you look at the app, what excuse does the app give for seeing simple sleep? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tracker couldn't get a regular heart beat but the heart beat data belies that.....and nothing changed for the past 10 months

Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just stopped showing any sleep results at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had exactly the same experience, but I also noted a funny feeling in my chest. I'm a therapist, so I checked my pulse rate and noticed it was skipping a beat. This went on for about 3 days and Fitbit only showed basic details. By the 4th day I was able to correct it and that night sleep details were back to normal. So it might be worthwhile getting a check-up by a therapist/doctor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.   I had fitbit 4 for over a year.  I dropped the free premium trial after six months because I didn't want to watch youtube videos of mindfulness or work outs.  The sleep monitoring worked nicely for me, a score out of 100 split into three sections of total sleep /50, sleep type/25  and heartrate /25. 

Then a few days ago it has combined them all into one score, and retrospectively looking back, and no sleeping heartrate chart.  
I can view heartrate separately, but of course you can't zoom in on a particular time period, just a one day view, or longer.   I found an app cardiogram that can sync with fitbit and show me this instead.  

Obviously they want you to go premium, but I'm not paying £100 a year just for this one feature when I'm not interested in any of the other premium features. 

Combined with the poor logging of swimming activity, I will be finding something else when this fitbit eventually breaks.  

Best Answer

Same here! I have been using a succession of FITBIT trackers for about 7 years, currently a Charge 2. The sleep function is probably equal to the step count and exercise tracker for my health goals. Today (September 8, 2022) is the second morning in a row that it has given me only basic sleep data. It is on the same wrist, on the same band, in the same hole, on the same location on my wrist. If this is due to a change in the software, I need to know how to update it. I have no need for Premium features at this time, and will not upgrade if this is going to be a new requirement. I know these posta are read by FITbit staff, so hey guys, what's the story?

Best Answer

I now realise I was replying to a 3 year old post.  But this was a new issue just the last few days.  Sadly I think this was part of an update that has removed this functionality and moved it into "premium".  

Best Answer
Problems that I had were that my heart had started skipping a beat - it
wasn't the fitbit. My problems are now resolved and the fitbit is now
showing REM sleep and Deep sleep again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

MarkG1234 This was not a 3-year-old post. The 3 posts immediately above yours are all from this week (September 2022) If in fact Fitbit moved this into the Premium area, they are going to lose a lot of longtime customers, me included.

Best Answer

Update on September 11, 2022: Apparently it was a minor Fitbit software glitch (unannounced) or a glitch with my Fitbit Charge 2 that was not covered by the usual explanations. After two days (September 7 & 8), it returned to normal readouts and data collection on the 9, 10 and 11th, so I do not think this is an attempt to get people to upgrade to Premium.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have charge 4 and it is still just showing one overall score out of 100 with sleep stages, and a graph for oxygen variation.  I don't get the sleeping heart rate or restlessness any more, and these have a padlock to say they are on the premium subscription.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I've switched to a Versa instead of a tracker (Inspire HR) I've issues with receiving Sleep Stages/score. Just started with a new Sense 2 last week and it starts all over again annoyingly. Wearing the band same as always but most of the standard sleep monitoring. In the app it says no consisted heart rate but heart rate monitoring does work. Next to the general advices and tips shared by our moderators I'm really hoping for a more detailed suggestion from one of you all. 

IMG_20221005_180557.jpg

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer
0 Votes

You only have 2 days with advanced sleep, and I see a sleep score for both. Note that anything under 3 hours will not have a sleep score. 

What does the heartrate look like for the, non sleep score nights? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem with Inspire2. I have been logging for months, I have Premium, and usually get sleep stages. I slept 5 hrs 45 min at a stretch and did not get stages. There is NO note below the display to explain why. Later, I slept 55 min (and do not expect stages for that). The bar graph also glitched, showing 12 hours of sleep when I only got 6 hrs 40 min. The sleep and wake times are right, so I don’t see any way to correct it. Screenshots https://imgur.com/a/L4RnupJ 

How do I fix this? The error is messing up my weekly average. 

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
Best Answer