Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has sleep algorithm changed?

I track all my sleep data (total sleep, deep sleep, awake time) in Excel along with other things (if I exercised, had caffeine etc) to see how I can increase my deep sleep, which averages around 40 min.  I hadn't done it for about 10 days so I entered the data for those recent days, and I noticed that the previous data I had already recorded is now different.  It didn't all shift the same way, some are higher, some are lower.  I assume they updated the algorithm for how sleep is calculated, but I never saw any notification.  Does anyone have any more info?  I can't be sure how my sleep is changing long term or if new behaviors help/hurt my sleep if it's not being measured the same way.  It isn't as important to me how accurate it is as long as it's consistent, as I really just want to track how things are different from my mean.

On a separate note, if I want to collect all this new data, is there a way to just export it all?  Up til now I've just manually entered it every day to every few days...

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

By the way, I should've mentioned that I have a Blaze, and the App is on my iphone.  As far as I know I haven't updated the app or my ios in the 13 months or so I've been using it now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @E_Ray and a warm welcome.  There was a flurry of activity in the forums about sleep scores changing, sleep times being recalculated, etc.  It seems there was a bug and it seems to have been fixed.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer