Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Sustained Heart Rate while asleep

I’m 37 female, fitness instructor as a job. General resting heart rate is fairly steady; snapshot of my whole day, it will track low 60’s as my daily average. Teach classes on most days.  Yes, going through a bit of stress at the moment.  Noticed, I’m clenching my jaw a lot, and feeling anxious and tired during the day.  Couple  of days ago, and, about 2 weeks ago, my heart rate during sleep tracked anywhere between 90-140 during the whole time whilst I’m asleep, then coming back to normal levels when I’m awake? I’ve had my Fitbit for a while now, usually my heart rate during sleep tracks anywhere between mid 40’s to low 60’s and has never changed until these two recent episodes ? Is this sign of a problem beginning? May be sleep apnea? Are these watches accurate? Can anomalies happen, or could this be a genuine sign of a health concern? Anyone else experienced this? I have a snapshot of the tracking but not sure how to attach to my post ? Thanks 🙂 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@lulubo1982 

Personally?  I would go and ask for an ECG to rule out anything a lot more serious that your FitBit being at fault here.

Blaze, Surge, Ionic and Versa1. I am not a FitBit employee.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.... Yep, definitely going to chat over with the doc next week.... I’ve had ECG done in the past and an ultrasound on my heart couple of years back, due to a resting HRM creeping up to 110, but that was down to an episode of PTSD due to stressful events... All results tested normal and things settled down... Until these episodes occurring 😕 Bit worrying when generally pretty fit and healthy 😞  

Best Answer

Hi @lulubo1982 Welcome to the Community forums. I agree it's always best to see your doctor, as they are always the best to advise with any concerns you have. 

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an occasional spiked reading during the night. Latest was 146. Also trying to establish if this is a fault or a potential health issue. 

fitbit don’t seem to be addressing it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes