Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Sleep score work?

ANSWERED

Can someone please explain Sleep Score to me

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
229 REPLIES 229
Don't lose sleep over it. Just take the watch off! I did and I sleep better
than ever! LOL!
Best Answer

that makes  one of the features of why we bought these trackers useless.   We all have been complaining for over 2 weeks and I don’t see them doing anything to fix this or give us an option to switch so we know how they feel about their customers

Best Answer
I read in one of the investment publications that Fitbit is looking into
selling Itself.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Interesting - that might explain why they’ve rolled out the recent “upgrades” to enhance their value. Film at 11, eh?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
It is sad isn’t it? Glad to hear I’m not the only one annoyed by this.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Hi - you are so right and that’s likely what I’ll do. Simple and logical

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I do hope Fitbit takes note of these comments but going to take any bets

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok on the app go to the left corner at the top. It kind of looks like a head silhouette. Tap that and a menus will come up. Go to 7 day that you wanted and it should ahow up. 

Best Answer
Hi - perhaps you meant your answer for a different post?? Or, perhaps you have a different Fitbit model than I do. According to Fitbit there’s no way to delete sleep score at this time. We can only hope this changes in the future. Or maybe I’ll just start wearing my old watch.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I have a picture in the left corner, but when I go there then go down to sleep there is no option for 7 day.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi - I’m guessing the person’s answer was meant for a different post. Thanks, annie

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing similar anomalies, not just with the new sleep score but also with the sleep stages. I am starting to wonder how good/precise are those sleep trackers. I am tempting into buying another device, sleep with both of them and compare the results.

Best Answer

Sure would appreciate it if you’d post the results if you decide to buy the second tracker. Quite honestly I’ve lost faith in the Fitbit and pulled my old Timex Ironman out of the drawer.  It won’t tell me how well I slept or for how long, but the battery will last a really long time.  I’ve had my Fitbit for 2 1/2 years. The day/date/time were all correct on the Timex and the battery was still good. Maybe simple is better, at least for me. 

Best Answer

I haven’t bought anything new.  I went back to my original Alta.  It doesn’t have the HR feature which I’m actually happier with since the Charge 3 showed that I was awake while I was in REM sleep.  When my alarm wakes me up from a dream and when I sync it shows that I was awake for over 20 minutes you have to wonder how accurate it actually is.  

Best Answer

It is difficult to distinguish REM/dreaming sleep from normal awake brain waves.  Our hearts speed up too in REM sleep so perhaps the FitBit is mistakenly taking an increased heart beat as awake periods.  But then our bodies are paralized During REM sleep so there should be no movement of arms at all and this should confirm sleeping status.  Hmmmmm. Is your device set to sensitive or normal?  Or whatever the choices are called.  In sensitive mode my device counted many more episodes as being awake.   Don't know but it is an interesting question. 

Best Answer

Hi, I have my sensitivity set to normal.  I am also like many other people a sometime very active dreamer.  I have suggested to Fitbit several time that they offer an additional setting of active.   I have restlessness leg syndrome which I take medication for because I have worn holes in sheets from my movement; however I am sleeping and even though the dreams are active I wake up refreshed. 

Best Answer

I totally agree. I’ve been keeping track of my sleep patterns for over a year now, but I woke up one morning and suddenly all of that information is GONE and now I just get a useless score that doesn’t give me anything at all if I don’t sleep for more than 4 hours (which I sometimes don’t.)

i definitely think it should be optional, or give us both. I’m extra upset that all the old data is just gone.

Best Answer

Ignore me about the data being gone- I just didn’t know where to find it. But still, I wish we could change the order so that’s what I see first by default and in the bottom section.

Best Answer

Same!! The other night i slept 4 hours 43 minutes and got a sleep score of 83 “good.”  The next night i slept 7 hours 14 and got a score of 77 “fair.”  HUH?! lol. I got way more REM/Deep sleep on my 7 hour sleep. The only thing I can come up with is during my 4 hour sleep i was only awake 4 minutes and my 7 hour sleep I was awake 30 minutes? Still, it doesn’t make sense.I bought the fitbit premium but I think I will cancel it because it just doesn’t seem accurate!

Best Answer

Wow - that’s just crazy!  The old Timex is looking better and better - LOL. 

Best Answer