Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Sleep Log? Change your settings!

Hi sleepy Community members!

Does your sleep log look something like this?

sleep log restless.png

If you think your log is inaccurate when it shows this much restlessness, you're not alone! A lot of Fitbit users have sleep logs like this, and many times it's due to the fact that Sleep settings are on "Sensitive" mode instead of "Normal" mode. A little about these two modes:

• The normal setting counts significant movements as being awake (such as rolling over) and is appropriate for most users.
  • The sensitive setting will cause your tracker to record nearly all movements as time spent awake. This setting may be helpful for users with sleep disorders, or those who wear their tracker somewhere other than the wrist while asleep.

We strongly suggest that most users use the Normal setting. To change your settings to Normal, follow these steps, or visit our help article!

• To change your setting in the Fitbit iOS app, go to Account Advanced Settings > Sleep Sensitivity.
  • To change your setting in the fitbit.com dashboard, go to Settings > Devices > scroll down to Sleep Tracking.

I hope this helps - let me know if you have any trouble changing this setting or if you have seen a difference in the accuracy of your sleep log after switching!

Best Answer
525 REPLIES 525

Set to "normal" sleep sensitivity yet the APP recorded my sleep as happening a few hours before I set it to start sleep mode (while sedentary but not in bed). I have poor sleep in general and getting medical help. I'm trying to get a handle on how poor my sleep is and having Fitbit add sleep hours is disconcerting 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I find that Fitbit tracks time awake as light sleep - so it is pretty useless to me. I've changed the sensitivity setting, do you have any other suggestions? thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, your article makes sensitive sense. Just finding out tomorrow. I probably made it sensitive because sleep is important to combine work, medication, fitness and track seizures in sleep. Only asking myself, why now? I'm using this device for a few years, with sensitive sleeptracker. Or did it change with the better, easier sleep profile Fitbit Premium I remember something did or will happen they announced few days ago 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Inspire has always been set to normal but increasingly - including 2 nights this week - my log shows me as asleep for a certain number if hours that includes thirty to sixty minutes when I’m up in the morning, making the bed, feeding the dog, washing dishes, etc.!  This totally screws up the percentages of awake, light, deep etc.  Luckily, I have true (not artificial) intelligence snd can do the math to get the correct percentages.  And the wristband is in the same location on my wrist so that’s not the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying to help, Callie. I find I sleep best when I take the Fitbit off and forget about monitoring my sleep. I could never get a reading that reflected how I felt I slept, whether it was on normal or sensitive. 

Best Answer

I got my charge 6 last Sunday on normal it did not record my sleep I changed to sensitive and has been working well in the app since. For some people normal may best but for me would not record sleep but sensitive doing a good job. The quantifed scientist put a video up today fitbit is the best tracker for sleep only bettered by the apple watch which has a 1 day battery and 2 expensive speclised things . I compared my sleep with my huawie band last few night charge 6 is more precise. For me I may keep using a huawei as well as it has constant sleep up dates to push you through the night which helps my sleep more than the accuracy difference. The huawie tracker shows how long a sleep for on wrist in real time so can check it each time wake up till get good hours then get up. The fitbit only tells you hours in the morning after up at the end of the night. In terms of sleep the huawei has helped by me knowing when to get up and movitvating me to sleep longer fitbit with out real time up dated can't do this. I realise using a sleep tracker to actively increase sleep this way is not common but I get bored in bed so find since got my huawei tracker my sleep improved a lot as know need to show 6 plus hours ideally over 630 before up if wake and 4 or 5 I try and sleep till 630 this has made my sleep better. Many people use sports trackers in real time when running but not for sleep. I do running but more running or faster is not always healthier more sleep Is for many. The real time sleep updated on the wrist through the night is one feature fitbit lacks . If you wake in the night it does not tell you how long you have sleeped so far on the watch etc

Best Answer
0 Votes