Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to earn a 100 sleep score?

According to this article by Fitbit, most users earn a sleep score between 72-83.  Since the score is out of 100, and the display on iOS shows up as a circle that I have failed to close, I am wondering if anyone has ever actually earned a sleep score of 100.   Is it actually possible to achieve this goal?  If so, how?  Were strong sleeping pills involved?  

(Edit to add: No, I do not take sleeping pills, I do not drink, and I do not want to take any substances.  I made this comment because I believe the scoring system sets an impossible standard.  And no, I am not buying premium just to see the math).

Honestly, even on a night when I slept for over 10 hours with plenty of deep sleep, my “score” was still only an 84.  It seems impossible to earn above the low 80s.

It feels like I am taking one of those impossible “weed-out” classes in college where nobody earns above a B- and the prof doesn’t give As on principle.  Is that the model here?  

If it’s not really possible to get a sleep score of 100, why is the sleep score configured to look like an achievable “goal” from which we have somehow fallen short?  If we are doing everything in our power to get good sleep, and we still cannot earn 100 or even 90, what’s the point of it?  Fitbit has been so useful for helping me to set and reach goals.  Why create a goal that is inherently unattainable?

Best Answer
185 REPLIES 185

I know this is an old thread but I’m curious what hours you keep for sleep and your usual exercise regimen. If that’s not too personal a question. Also, do you deal with any kind of muscle or joint pain issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ive been as high as 94
Figure it out! My experIence:
No coffee after 4
One beer instead of 2
Restaurant foods will always cause me restlessness
Homecooked meals are best. I eat before 6
No snacks before bedtime.
Limit water before bedtime limits trips which cause restlessness
Get a comfortable positions to reduce movement
Keep tweeking
I Get some excercise- maybe 3-5 miled. 5 is best

Stay safe and God Bless! Eileen🌸🌸🌸
Best Answer
0 Votes
I go to bed early about 9 30 as I’m up at 5 for work. I get plenty of exercise walking and running and don’t have any health issues.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
What about food and beverages

Best Answer
0 Votes
I eat at 5pm only have a drink at the weekend one or two glasses of wine.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh my goodness. My original post years ago was trying to get Fitbit to answer a question prompted by looking at my benchmarks. The benchmarks show I am awake less than my age group (sleep more), and fall within the range or above the range set for my age group for deep, REM, light sleep and meet my personal sleep goals. My question was , “What is the criteria for scoring, does it include all age groups together?” In other words- at my age is it even possible to earn a 100 sleep score or is the score determined/based/compared/rated on a larger age group including much younger people?

Kate Venneri
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
We would all like 100. Just keep striving for a point or 2 higher. Thats how i got to 94

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's my first full 24 hour using the watch so far and I had a 8 hour sleep, actual is 7 hour 12 min and I got a 87 score, I'm unsure if it is possible to reach 100 but I'm sure for some people a 97 is possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fantastic! 87
If ot goes down pay attention to what you did differently. Food , excercise , etc my highest was 93. Watch the graph for awake times. Just keep improving. Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, Eileen! I’m amazed at a 93 score! My problem is that my Fitbit doesn’t give me a score. In the three and a half years I’ve had it, I’ve gotten a score 3 times. I don’t know if it’s the watch or my irregular heartbeat. The customer service said it was my heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Change the fitbit on you wrist to below your palm. That happen to me as well. Mine would not read when it was on top like a watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey. I thought this guy and his tips might be useful. He does not use fitbit however his sleep score is 100 for 3 months straight! 

https://youtube.com/shorts/1pJAYDbpypY?si=XgtIomjQN5l_nlBQ

Best Answer
0 Votes
That seems impossible to me it would take some doing

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do i improve restful sleep? 16/25 is terrible lol 23% bellow resting hr by these standards. Ouf HELP this may explain why i am always tired tho

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was just trying to find out how to get a score in the high 90s and I saw this for him and I wanted to let people know that I do probably once every 10 day get a score of 90 and my average sleep score is 86 to 84 with about 7 1/2 to 7 hours and 50 minutes of sleep. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My average is about 82 I’ve very occasionally got 89 but I get in the 76 range quite a lot.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_6857.png

 just got a 93. Seems impossible to get in the higher 90’s

Best Answer

Last night I got my first 100 percent restorative score! I’m often in the 90’s, but I also make an effort with my sleep habits — in bed by nine, take .5 melatonin and drink strong brew of tulsi tea. I do watch a light comedy sitcom or two which help me drift off to sleep. 

I got Covid this past week and my restorative score dropped to 76 and the chart was very different in that heart rate didn’t drop very low. Perhaps this can be an early detection? Two days into Paxlovid my chart returned to normal.  The first ever 100% I got today is not a hammock shape. Not sure how to interpret, but not worried about it. 

Best Answer
I’ve had a 93 occasionally but mainly get 83ish never got 100 think that is out of my reach.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_543D5CCB1BA1-1.jpeg 

I also struggle to break the low 80s usually, and I think I sleep fairly well.
I stopped drinking almost a year ago, which helps tremendously, but I feel like I probably consume more weed gummies as a substitute than I did when I used to drink alcohol.
I eat healthy, whole foods, but sometimes within an hour or two of bedtime (like if I workout in the evening and then am hungry late at night). I can see on my RHR graph that my HR stays high for a few hours after I've fallen asleep, presumably because my body is digesting food, before the second half of the night when I see the more familiar "hammock shape" line develop that dips below my RHR.
I'll very occasionally take an over-the-counter sleeping aid (Diphenhydramine) but these never improve my score; I usually wake up tired and groggy so I never take them if I have to wake up early and be alert. Not sure why I take them ever, now that I think about it.

For me, my highest sleep scores (90+) do correspond with those nights when I have genuinely experienced a great night's sleep. And these happen, pretty consistently, with the days when I don't eat a bunch before bed, I've exercised, and I haven't eaten weed edibles or gummies. 

Best Answer
0 Votes