Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app

Hi everyone! Starting today, you may notice a new sleep experience in your Fitbit app. If you don't have it right away, please be patient as it can take some time to reach all users. 

Check out what’s new by going to the Fitbit Community blog

What do you think? Let us know!

Best Answer
1,398 REPLIES 1,398

Oh and I noticed with this new update I get forty to eighty steps in before I even get out of bed. What are y’all doing to this app?! 

Best Answer

Well... very concerning to have a completely different item to view without knowing it was coming.  I am not connected via Google and I am not paying for Premium as I am really only interested in my steps/workouts and my sleep.  However, prior to this morning, I obtained full sleep information including the sleep types, etc.  Perhaps either or both of my unincluded options have caused my FitBit app to refuse to provide me with REM/Light/Deep Sleep items?  I only get "Awake", "Restless", and "Asleep."  If that is the case for either of the reasons I mentioned I have, I guess it will be time for me to switch to the unit brand my spousal-unit has.  He gets far more information without having to do anything to get it.  Sigh.  My time has been interesting... but may be ending soon.

Best Answer

My friend still has the old sleep format on her Android phone (so lucky!)  but when I showed her the new one on my iPhone, she freaked! She said that it was probably Google trying to mess up Fitbit to steer people away from Fitbit and toward their Google products. Hmmm…???

Is there some way those of us who want the old version could get it back? That way, everyone could get the format they want. 

Best Answer

Woke up this morning to the new Fitbit sleep graph colors, and I  hate them. Why change something that already worked?  Please change them back!

Best Answer

The new update is just awful.  Fitbit says their is no way to go back to the older version on phone or device.   Sad.  They are going to lose so many fans and users.  Its a shame.  Loved my fitbit charge 5.  Why stay when the new software, plainly just sucks.  Considering switching to the Samsung Galaxy watch.  The user interfaces/software displays on the watch are just like the old version of fitbit.  Heck, they are even offering a $50 trade in for fitbits.

Best Answer

Not liking the new sleep display at all.  The colors were much better in the old pattern and easier to see how you slept.  I agree with Trishmac3 that it looks busy and harder to read.  Is there a way to opt back to the original screen?

Best Answer

It's terrible—not user-friendly at all. Why not give people a choice before you mess up what they've been using for years? Your design team actually took data away!

Best Answer

Any idea how to go back? I was gonna get a new Fitbit but not now I’m looking for something else I hate this update I want the old back

Best Answer

I think you should have left it alone. Old format easier to read. At least give users the option to CHOOSE the view. New format sucks!

Best Answer

I've noticed that too. And because it doesn't appear to be monitoring my sleep accurately, then it can't give me a readiness score...and it can't give me Breathing Rate, Skin Temp, HRV. 

Best Answer

The new sleep charts are awful. The benchmark option has no ranges. This is not progress.

Best Answer

It's hard to find the "good" when the information is compressed and cannot be enlarged.

Best Answer

I never write negative reviews (don’t we have enough negativity these days?!) But I was so upset when I synced my Sense and saw the new UI. I just want to quickly see my sleep quality when I wake up…the percentage and benchmark for REM, deep sleep and duration. I liked before how, if I wanted to see more detail, I could expand the information. This new UI will take me longer to get the information I want and it feels awful. And it’s stressing me out like no update in any app ever has. Please…give us an option for viewing our data the previous way! 

Best Answer

I hate it and I will be shopping for a new tracker. In the last update, sleep tracking was about the only thing you didn't change, now you've gone and ruined that, too.

Best Answer

Don't you think if they cared about customer opinions about their product that they'd respond appropriately both in word and action? Crickets.

Best Answer

It is so poorly designed that I thought app is broken by bad update. Extremely difficult to read. Previous one was far better organised, just felt clean. Feels like there was an attempt to cram everything into one small page.
It is ugly, even without comparing to old one.

Best Answer

The new sleep design SUCKS! Why can't you leave it alone?

Best Answer

Real shame I stuck with Fitbit even after previous awfull updates for excersise I just moved to strava as your update made it hard to read but now the sleep update just awfull and nothing wrong with how was before I shall be moving away from you now really poor changes 

Best Answer

I hate the new look. It's absolutely terrible to try to muddle through, and not user-friendly at all. It's bland, boring, and not intuitive. The navigation sucks, things aren't easy to find, and it's completely, visually unappealing in all aspects. I just canceled my subscription because of it. The sleep information is the only thing I ever used on my Versa 2, and it now looks like vomit on my screen.

Best Answer

Oh no I thought I had a setting wrong and tried to get back to the easier-to-read and simpler and pretty and colorful graph.

And then I couldn't scroll down and see the previous thin sleep graphs for quick comparisons.

The only reason I chose google pixel watch 2 over galaxy watch 6 was better sleep travking, and better graphs and info in Fittbit

Now you have ruined one, if galaxy watch 6 gets better sleep tracking I'm leaving Fitbit.

Please please revert these changes! Please

Thanks

Best Answer