Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Sleep

ANSWERED

Customer service mentioned there is no way to eliminate it at this time. Will check on other smartwatches if this is not discontinued soon. Health, more/less need for sleep, work time, etc. Should have an opt out option, even a toggle switch like they have for other items on the dashboard. Poor that this was added with no notice or feedback. Will check on other smartwatches if this is not discontinued soon. Night. 

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

@Nilsatis wrote:
When are Fitbit going to remove average sleep score and restore average time

No need to "restore" average time, since it’s still there. You only need to figure out how to access it. This has been amply documented in recent posts: all it takes are a few swipes to the left. Good practice if you’re on Tinder 😀.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No it doesn’t
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nilsatis wrote:
No it doesn’t

Average time asleep IS still there. How you get to it is documented (complete with screenshots) in this very topic.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dominique, I only have 3 graphs. Inspire doesn't record sleep stages anyway. So your advice only works for some people.

Best Answer

I see you keep insisting it's still there and, no doubt it is on hr models, but those of us who don't have that sleep stages graph you show (because our watches don't record stages), still cannot access an average via the app. Sure, we can do the math, but it was nice to just glance down and see it.

Best Answer
I had to down load the sleep link onto my phone and check it from there to get the average weekly sleep. I cannot access it from the fitbit app. And I have to swipe up, not left, to see it. Otherwise, my sleep score is zero, all day, every day. My Charge HR does not show the sleep stages, just asleep, restless and awake.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Adding a vote against this sleep score.  it is useless made up number. Arbitrary in every way. By combining all the data in a single number, we lose insights. I hate it. 

Best Answer

I have really helped by the sleep section. I would not want it removed. I have gone from 2-3 hours of sleep to over 6 for this week. If you check your weekly message I think it gave you the scores. I will get use to this new scoring system in time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • Very happy to hear you’re sleeping better. 
  • I never advocated to remove the sleep section in its entirety. 
  • I only asked the sleep score be removed and the averages be returned. At least show both. 
  • I still hate it. 
Best Answer

This is all well and good (and thank you so much for telling us that that information is still available!!), but should definitely still be on the app. That’s how most of us access that information and the view in the app version was much more user friendly

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I see you keep insisting it's still there and, no doubt it is on hr models, but those of us who don't have that sleep stages graph you show (because our watches don't record stages), still cannot access an average via the app. Sure, we can do the math, but it was nice to just glance down and see it.

If you swipe over to the "Hours Slept" graph ("Hours in Sleep Stages" is not needed).  Then click the double arrow to make the graph full screen.  At the top it shows the calculated average for the week.  Swipe again to view the calculated average for the previous week, and so on.  No math required!  Yay!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much!  That’s the easiest way to find it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone, I wanted to let you know that making sleep score optional is a feature suggestion here, which is under consideration. Vote or subscribe to that suggestion for updates.

Best Answer

I add my complaint to many about sleep score. Get rid of this nonsense!!!!!!  I just want to see the data and hours in various modes of sleep. No stupid score. 

Best Answer
Totally agree! I’ve started to obsess when I awake well rested and don’t
get a good score. Really don’t need the added pressure. I miss seeing the
average hours of sleep!
--
Beth
Best Answer

Sleep score is a really bad feature unless you correct the following issues

1. get the sleep times accurate. It seems to use an algorithm and sleep onset time is regularly is off by up to an hour. Hilariously, even after I correct my sleep onset time, it frequently changes it to a third incorrect time.

2. get the scores to actually match up with the quality and length of sleep. There is no correlation so far.

3. make the feature optional only. I see no benefit to being scored by your algorithms' standards.

Im in the market for a non fitbit device entirely due to this annoying and unhelpful feature. 

Best Answer

Well Said!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep tracking can be up to 3 hours out, @Fitbit acknowledge this but nothing has been done despite being shown that with their own data it should be possible to more accurately assess the sleep start time.

Then there is the timezone issues they have introduced with their tinkering with the code that screws up the various screens.

Best Answer

You need to swipe up on the word sleep in the top left corner. 

Best Answer
0 Votes