Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Sleep

ANSWERED

Customer service mentioned there is no way to eliminate it at this time. Will check on other smartwatches if this is not discontinued soon. Health, more/less need for sleep, work time, etc. Should have an opt out option, even a toggle switch like they have for other items on the dashboard. Poor that this was added with no notice or feedback. Will check on other smartwatches if this is not discontinued soon. Night. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I see time slept for the night but no weekly averages with your link.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

Agreed! I am horrified about being graded and ranked on something that is already a stressful source of angst (and ironically makes it harder to sleep worrying!). Make sleep score optional, it's not a competition.  

Best Answer

@kb000 wrote:

Agreed! I am horrified about being graded and ranked on something that is already a stressful source of angst (and ironically makes it harder to sleep worrying!). Make sleep score optional, it's not a competition.  

The previous implementation already benchmarked you against women/men your age (when looking at sleep stages). Here is my suggestion: remove the sleep tile altogether in the app. This way you no longer see any angst generating grading/ranking/benchmarking info related to sleep.

Then, add a shortcut to https://www.fitbit.com/sleep. This way you will see time slept, including weekly averages, just like in the good old way system:

sleep average time.png

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Previous implementation made this unnecessary benchmark buried at the very end of your sleep stats and it was easy to ignore it. I don't even remember when I saw it last time.

Not with this sleep score though, which is very much in-your-face. Now, if you don't want to be judged and graded, you have to remove the sleep tile altogether, making the device mush less useful. And you know what usually happens with useless devices? They usually end up in the trash can and never upgraded. And the manufacturers of useless devices usually go out of business.

Best Answer

Hi Dominique, thanks for replying. 

I could delete the sleep tab but it's a real pity as I enjoyed looking at my sleep stats on an hours and stages basis. I never looked at the benchmark tab and I rarely log onto a larger device/browser - I'm very much an app based human!  

Thanks for your suggestion though. I'm afraid I will probably just switch to another device once this one is due for renewal. Shame.

Best Answer

I also don't understand why they went to a score rather than the previous method.  The app should provide an enable/disable option so we can resort to the previous measure of hours slept vs. the goal.

Best Answer

Best Answer

@pastimz wrote:

You need to swipe up, from the part that looks like this:

sleep average.png

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

Tried swiping up, down and all around, lol. Nothing.

Screenshot_20190905-134236_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer

oh thank you so much!! That sleep score is meaningless and I prefer to know average hours for the week

Best Answer

i had to swipe from the edge to get past that bar table ... The data is below it

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can in fact get the weekly average of time asleep also from the app: select "Sleep", swipe on the graph ("sleep score") to the left until you reach the last (4th) graph ("Hours in Sleep Stages"). Then tap on that graph to maximize it. You will see average time asleep for the ongoing week. Swipe to the right to browse through previous weeks.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Nope. Hours slept, sleep schedule and times awake is all I get.

Best Answer

By golly, finally found sleep average. Not easy to get to though. I'll keep working on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you find it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed! I don't like the sleep score either. It makes me feel like I'm being judged. I have no problems with sleep but getting a bad score seems like a good way to start.

Best Answer

Thanks for this. I REALLY don’t like the score/grade (years of teaching perhaps?) ... seems ridiculous to make meaningful data so difficult to find now. Not a helpful change!!

Best Answer

@mmarks wrote:

Where did you find it?

@mmarks : you need to swipe left to the last (4th) graph, labeled "Hours in Sleep Stages":

sleep 4th graph.png

Then, tap on that graph to maximise it. This will allow you to see the weekly average:

sleep average (1).png

Swipe to the right and you can browse through weekly averages for previous weeks.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Thank you, better if it was on main page, but good to see it's there

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
When are Fitbit going to remove average sleep score and restore average time

or at least make it optional
Best Answer