Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin Temperature interpretation

How/Where do I find information on how to interpret the Skin Temperature Values?  Does Negative mean I am Hot at night or Cold at night?  This is basically a question to answer due to a discussion with my husband and his view and my view of the Values mean. I just want to know who is right but there is ZERO information about what it means, I can just track Values "Available in certain regions" but an unable to find anything anywhere about this topic. 🤔 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

First, be aware Fitbit does not give you your actual skin temp values, just how your last night compared to your own average.
More than that, my sense is that it is not nearly as significant as internal temp, moreso just easily measurable so some trackers are providing it now to let you do with it as you please, see if you can spot any trends on your own.  My thought it is as likely to reflect room temp or whether you had your hand under a blanket or not.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally understand you and how it works... I just needed to know if - temp was due to being cold at night or does + means you're cold at night.  It's an "argument" with my husband due to me waking up sweating with 3 fuzzy heaters (cats) laying on me at night. 🤔😻

Best Answer
0 Votes

+ means you skin temp is higher, above your average, if that's all you are asking.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

+ means temp is higher , I just had fever due to cold and the temp was +1.3 but that's all. I have seen -1 two night ago and I was up from 4:30 to 6 am, out of bed up, so not sure if this metrics is any good.

Best Answer
0 Votes